Mod Request: Motion Sensor

Plink

Hello all.

Just curious is there's any way to develop something to remove the tedium of searching for that LAST alien.

I can tolerate a lot of UFO's irritations but hunting down the last alien on a mission is getting old fast. I don't know how much longer I can take it! ???

AN overhead map that showed were I've been would also be helpful. :rolleyes:

TIA

It's not often that I have to hunt for the last alien, but it's annoying when it happens. So I'd like a mod with those features too :rolleyes:

I'd say 80% of my missions end with me having to run around looking for the last alien. Right now these are mostly base assaults although one was a crash site in a city.

The workaround for this problem, if you're willing to cheat a little, is to use the "enemies" cheat. It shows you the location of all the enemies on the map.

Here's how you enable cheats. Make sure the game is closed and not running before doing this:

You'll need to open the config.cfg file in the main game directory and the following line between STRUCT "root" and END_OF_STRUCT "root"

KEY "cheats" BOOL TRUE

then resave the file.

In the tactical screen hold down Shift ~ . That brings up a popup. in the text area just type "enemies" (without the quotations. make sure it's lowercase.

Then hit Shift ~ again to close the dialog box. You'll see the enemies on the screen just as if they were in your line of sight.

I know most people don't like to use cheats, but since the mission is already essentially over it seems to me to be the easiest way to finish it off without having to spend inordinate amounts of time finding that last alien.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Ahh, nice cheat. Thanks. Although I hate using cheats that will certainly alleviate the tedium when it comes down to hunting that final alien. I could always turn it on, check his location, and then turn it off. At least that would put me in his general direction.

Hmm, maybe a MOD could be made to enable/disable this cheat? Make it like a "blinking" hologram/radar type thing that enables every few rounds or something.