What Mod Would You Like To See?

Slaughter

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like a free-standing mod, based and very similar to Aftermath, perhaps removing the biomass, and an entirely new research-tree with new weapons/techs etc. perhaps just a lot of new stuff added and some changed to decrease the difficulty of making it.

I would like to see a mod based on the final days when the "spores" were killing everything. You play as a squad tasked with getting important people (scientists, etc.) out of installations, stopping locals from attacking your base, stopping rebelling troops, gathering reasearch, hitting reticulan scouts, trying to defend area 51, etc. Just think of a desperate batle to save what you can of civilization and you have the general idea. A very dark mod, but a fun one if put together right.

The ability to import to the normal game from the mod would be a nice ability as well, just for that extra sense of continuity.

That or a mod based on a sorcery/ biblical apocalypse (NOT the Left Behind series). You characters sould be soldiers, sorcerers, scouts, shamen (all "S" classes, hmmmm). Just change "Alien Invasion" to "Daemonic Invasion" and you'd have the idea. Instead of UFO's there would be flying beasts (dragons or suchlike), add sorcerers, their mutated henchmen, deamonic spawn, and other mystical nasties and you have something that would very much interest me.

THe game really needs some more in depth form of resource manage, as it's really shallow right now. There was a post on the main boards for UFO:A where someone suggested requiring resources to do things like setting up new bases, switching base types, fueling the chinook and intercepters, manufacturign, etc. They suggested having resource type missions such as salvaging, warehouse capture, etc. I would also suggest adding some passive resource collection as per territories controled.

To go a step further as well, could be to have a base set to some sort of resource recovery/processing function, which would increase the passive amount of resources you got in a territory. Also, maybe have it so the resource type missions and passive collection type varied from territory to territory.

Hi there

I'm the sentimental type :D , I like the old X-Com, thougt it was great.

When we get some tools that can re-compose the vfs files (mainly the game file).

i'm planning to restore some of the great weapons of X-Com:Enemy Unknown.

:tank:

I must agree with the others that i miss the base and aircraft "construction",

and would love to see a mod for that, but it's a little out of my league, when considering "modding" skills. :rolleyes:

Another idea, this one after watching Stargate last night. It was the one where Doctor Jackson gets zapped to the "Alternate Universe" where the Gua'uld (SP?) are kicking the crap out of the humans. The humans have a secondary base called "Beta Genesis" where they have evacuated most of their best and brightest. Of course, Carter and O'Neil don't make it, but Jackson makes it back to his proper dimension.

Mod Title: Stargate: Beta Genesis

Synopsis: With the destruction of Apophis and his first Prime when SGC self-destructed (the mothership was parked on Chyanne mountain when the nukes went off), the Jaffa on earth and in orbit have decended into anarchy. Add the constant attacks over the new-found resources on Earth (slaves, slaves, more slaves) from the other System Lords, and the survivors of earth face anarchy.

This is where the survivors at the Beta Genesis site come it. After encountering the rogue Gua'uld devoted to destroying their bretheren (the Tok'ra (sp)), the survivors discover the truth about their homeworld and decide to take advantage of the situation. Entering through the Stargate recovered by the Russians, the newly formed SG-1 begins their attempt to liberate earth from the remnants of Apophis's forces.

Further Notes/ Ideas: This would be an easy-ish mod as the human skins doen't even have to be changed, other than a new insignia in place of the Phoenix symbols. The Xeno enemies would have to be replaced with Jaffa (Ja'fa?), other humans (sympathisers, ect), and possibly Gua'uld (end bosses). The Mechanoids could be added as well, and could even be represented in the end-game phase by the biomass (only becoming Mechamass perhaps). This would also allow a player to have Jaffa on his team when they become available. Heck, the Asgard are already there as the Reteculians, so hey! Easy!

Missions would be similar, with UFO attacks being replaced by Death Glider attacks, troop ships landing with Jaffa to attack bases, hordes of hungry civilians, and other such items. Also, possible three-part missions could consist of infiltrating a base, getting to the Teleport Rings, then entering a Gua'uld ship and blowing the thing to little bitty bits.

As an added bonus, the P90 would become the default weapon instead of the the UZI!

A modified ufo:am would be great. I loved x-com and still play it sometimes, so why not use some of its features ?

Thinking of

civilian people in urban areas. you would get minus points for "collateral damage" on civilians

"chrysalids" converting your soldiers permanently to aliens

as mentioned some kind of base management/economy

i loved those flight suits :rolleyes:

some features of other genres would be great too :

still there is no pc-game based on the shadowrun universe. why not have soldiers use biomechanical upgrades/cyberware ?

Why not improve psi-attacks like the force attacks in star wars games ?

cu mipu

Well there r 2 mods i would like to see.

1. x-com. loved this game so much but if i was to make an x-com mod, im not sure if i would redo an original one like enemy unknown or make like a new one to continue after apocalypse call it x-com:invaision or something were by the sectoids and such are back to finish off what they messed up on the last 3 times. enemy unknown, TFD and interceptor... (apocalypse was different aliens). :tank:

2. StarShip Troopers mod! the game is set up perfect for this. Small squads of troopers, alien bugs, doesn't require tanks etc... You can have it set on the bug world were by the first mission is to clear an area to put your first base, once its established you do the same as aftermath were u clam new bases, wiping out bugs on the way. End mission is when u find and capture or kill the queen and her nest. just think of the classic quote...

Jean Rasczak: "You see a bug hole, YOU NUKE IT" :rolleyes:

Personally, I would like to see armor that your greys can use. Also, some sort of tank unit (Like an android or something) that could be modded in?

I must also say that I love the idea of a stargate mod, stargate is one of my favorite shows.

and remember that in apoc, the sectoids aren't evil, they are friendly in fact (See alien food chamber secondary objective)

Slaughter, your idea of the AVP-Mod: Ilike it more and more. Imagine your crew being the Predators! Fighting against those puny humans and nasty Aliens. Of course the design of the menus would have to be changed, the faces, voices, weapons, i think i like it!!! Damnit, i gonna do this mod...

WooHoo!!! :rolleyes: (not my idea originally, someone suggested it at the official boards)

Well, if you can gather up a team interesting in doing such a mod, I'd be ever grateful. Always wanted an AvP game in this genre, and Aftermath is more or less prefect for it...

When I'm done with my Christmas exams I may be able to help some myself in fact.

Well, first we gonna have to wait for the democratic results of the mod-poll, i think the others made good suggestions, too. I don't want to force anyone doing this mod when he/she actually wants to do the one with more votes. BUT if you are interested please post here. :rolleyes:

Ok did a small reality-possibility check (time/knowledge/resources of me) and this is as things are: I could maybe make a Predator-addition to the game, this means some Predators in your crew, which use their own weapons and equipments(not usable by humans), using a Predator-voice. The 3d-model would be a small problem as i'm no good at this. I could use the human model or the Reticulan one.

This would be no TC, just an addition.

I can't do a TC, because:

-I'm no good at 3d-models (needed for the Aliens)

-I'm no good at videos (e.g. for interceptions)

-Atm i can't change the planets as i want (in AM)

-Several other things would have to be changed, interceptions, different planets, which are beyond my knowledge atm.

-Whoa! This is work!

What do you think? :rolleyes:

Edit:

Maybe one could include this addition into a bigger mod, several additions like this could be possible, a robot-addon, a Lobo-the-Czarnian-addon :tank: etc...

Perhaps an odd question for this forum, but what would be needed to call a mod "Total"? Does it consist of all art and sound or just a certain percentage?

And does anyone have the skinny on when the "Official Tools" are coming out?

Does anyone know how much of the game will be moddable?

If it's very moddable, I might have to take a crack at making the SG:BG mod myself. We'll see. ???