What Mod Would You Like To See?

Slaughter

I'm going to spend some time tonight going over the idea and making a rough outline of a more in depth resource management system addition for the game.

To give the rough rough outline, there will be a few differant major resource types, such metal (with varying degrees of quality, ie. scrap, refined, alloys), chemicals, fuel, energy.

-Each of these resources would be passively collected from each territory controled, and some territories would have bonuses over other territories. For example, middle eastern territories would yield more fuel over most other territories.

-New mission types based on gathering resources.

-A new base type would be a resource collection/processing base. This base would give a bonus to the amount of resources collected in the territory it is located in, as well as a passive bonus to all collection in all other territories. The effectiveness of these bases would be able to be enhanced through research and manufacturing up upgraded equipment.

-Interceptors would have to be produced using materials if destroyed. Chinooks and interceptors use up the fuel resource when they're used, and as per the distance/time they travel. Upgrades could improve the fuel efficientcy, or even an alternative fuel source :rolleyes:

-Something similar to a resource but not really, would be th CoE army. Basically, you would have more control over the grunt army. You would have the CoE army at your disposal, but they would be limited in their numbers. SImilar to resources, the amount of CoE troops would increase as time passed, as per the amount of territories controled. The troops would not be used for tactical missions, only for delegations. Through delegating, not only is the success or failure determined, but the amount of wounded/killed CoE troops, and any resources gathered is done as well. More upgrades would be able to be researched and developed to make the CoE troops more skilled and better able to succeed in delegated missions. Delegating missions would also use up some fuel, as you need to get the troops there somehow.

-Manufacturing any item requires a resource. Even if it's as simple as an ak-47, it would require at least 1 scrap metal for example, and time to make it. Of course, more in depth developement menu, such as multiple tasks, queing items, etc, would be a must.

That's about all I have for now. I'll be thinking more specifically about all the specific resources/sub resources, as well as some of the differant upgrades, and amounts for resource collection/usage and sub resource and asset manufacturing.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try to unpack the gamedata.vfs file with the unpacker from this site and take a look at the files, most of them seem to be easily changeable.

I think a TC is a mod that changes things in a big style, gameplay changes, model changes etc. But i don't think there's a percentage-limit from where to say that it's a TC.

I said my mod will be only an addition, because it wouldn't change AM drastically, it only would add new recruits, weapons and equipment to it, the gameplay itself wouldn't be changed.

If i for example could change the whole game to include a kind of economy or construction of interceptors or base layout, that would count as a full-fledged TC for me.

But maybe i'm wrong... Anyone with profund infos?

• 3 weeks later...
If it's very moddable, I might have to take a crack at making the SG:BG mod myself. We'll see.  ???

I like the StarGate idea, but I have not see all the series sessions :power:

If anyone can make a 3d model for the energy staff, would be great!

My great problem for colaborate is the language, I'm spanish and I've the spanish version and perhaps some changes aren't compatibles....

Perhaps another posibility is to make a argument that begins where the season 1 begins, with the SG teams exploring all the gates, etc...

Randall

I like the StarGate idea, but I have not see all the series sessions

You don't have to for what Kresh suggested!!!

The whole story is set to an alternate universe. And Daniel got "mirrored" there at the end of the first session.

If there's anything I can do about it send a PM or Email my way. I'd just love to see this mod!!!!

THat's what makes ths Stargate: Beta Genesis mod pretty easy. Turn off the biomass, make new models and textures to include the Jaffa (Ja'Fa?) and their weapons and you're mostly set. It would remove quite a bit of the reasearch...unless you modded it to require naquida and crystals reasearch.

I'd like to see it, although I haven't the time nor the experience to get involved. *sigh* The perils of working 2 jobs...

• 2 weeks later...

My sentiments tend to go along the lines of Aralez's. I would want a mod that has it all inside.

But if forced to get specific, I especially miss the tanks, flying armor, and alien death cries from X-Com and X-Com Apocalypse.

Even the death of Lobster Men and Deep Throat in TFTD was satisfying. I miss that in Aftermath.

I would either go with an X-Com mod, or an Enhanced Aftermath mod, or any mod that would give me alien movement sounds and alien death cries.

Of course, if people really have the time, I loved Predator, Aliens, and am really into Stargate. I'm also a Babylon 5 junkie, and anything Star Trek and Borg is great as well.

So, with Aralez, I would want it all. I'm a greedy bugger I know.

If you do Predator, make them rather fast and extremely strong, a lot of hit points so that one really has to concentrate to bring them down.

If you do Aliens, make them extremely fast and very deadly up close, but relatively easy to kill from a distance or with flame.

I used to play x-com throughout the night and the little day i had left after work some time ago. i loved UFO:EU and TFD so when i learned that a new ufo game was being released with updated grafics and all i couldn't wait to buy it. But when i installed the game and realised that all those management options and flexibility that made ufo such a brilliant piece of software had been traded for a fancy 3d engine i couldn't be more dissapointed. It wasn't the crappy sprites of the old ufo games that kept me playing for ages so lets remember what kept us hooked to ufo and bring it back, shall we?

You are not alone with that wish, though I miss some of the management less than other. All in all though, there are quite a few features I miss. But some of it is hard to add, at least until the official tools is here.

Oh, and welcome to the boards!

• 3 weeks later...
well actually... I have started trying out the potential of the official modding tools... so far, I have managed to create new weapons with the xcom theme, having laser pistol, laser rifle, heavy laser, plasma pistol, plasma rifle, heavy plasma, the marsec heavy launcher and the marsec minilauncher... :power: but, the stats of the weapons I have added are still not in tune with the original values... also, if someone can teach me how to incorporate other image types in order to change the icon of the said weapons, maybe I can do better... =) also, have tried to add the research topic in order to produce and use xcom technology... it's such a minor mod and I would really love some help and would even be happier if I can join a team... for I'm going to start working on a thesis very soon...

Nice! :power: There aren't any information on this in our modding reference? Anyway, I'm sure one of the other modders can tell you how to do it. And if you look in the Modders index (the Mods forum), you will probably find some people there that may be interested in helping out...

• 4 weeks later...

What would I like to see in a mod?

1. Ability to completly rename troops, not just callsign

2. New faces for soldiers, not just 3D, but static images as well. The Anime facepack for XCOM apoc was one of my favorites.

3. (This is most likely impossible) Elimating the 'one active squad' restriction, or even the 7 soldier resriction.

4. Ability to insert custom art for loading screens, not merly replacing existing ones.

5. Crawl/Lie Prone. I mean, come on :power:

6. JA2-like Soldier chatter. Hearing Skully curse his Ex-Wife as he lay critically wounded was something that never ceased to amuse me.

7. Lets make those transients a little more scary. Its been said before, but an Alien-ese chomper would be a good start.

8. A more X-Com-ese start. Soldiers die thick and fast (for the most part) until better armor is found in UFO Enemy Unknown and (uuggh) TFTD.

5. Ability to insert more backround music for the program to randomly select. For example I for one would like to leave the current geoscape music in, but I would ALSO on occasion like to hear the original XCOM geoscape or 'Ren 2 - Photek' when the geoscape pops up.,

6. Militia groups/Surivors. If we can add in hostile humans, then surely it isnt impossible to occasionally up the amount of 'enemys' to be loaded into a map by one, insert the survivors, and set their hostile/friendly tags to attack the aliens.

To go even further, perhaps this could increase in regularity after the goodwill campaign, or infact only begin to happen after the goodwill campaign.

7. If someone could come up with a way to pick EXACTLY where a player wants their first two bases THAT would be awesome.

Well, thats all I have.. for now.

• 8 months later...

I LOVE the STARGATE so is SG:BG During the Apothis Season or the Anubus Season? or the SG:Atlantis? instead of GeoScape a Flat Star Map and we type the P3:118 etc... Gates then secret Gate Address when you go to one site.

the Replicators Speed and Multiple and the problem is running and shoooting doesn't work tough.

It would be nice if you'd be able to whack someone with a GUN. rather Clawing some one I wouldn't want to break a nail.

:spamcat:

:) OR a Multi-verse With Starship Toopers, StarTrek, StarTrek (Voyager, DS9, Next Gen.), Aliens and Predetors. all in ONE boiling mod. :) :likepie:

:) Kharn's Pre-Aftermath or "INVATION" or "OCCUPATION" UFO would be nice! :)

Kresh's Fantasy MOD. I think we need a new poll or Topics for each MOD Idea on it's own. :)

hey, i wud like to see a mod where the greys have more melee weapons and become better at stealth. One of my guys was chased by a reticulan with a knife who came round a corner, the dude had no ammo and had to run to the rest of the team, and kept gettin stabbed in the back because the reticulan was faster due the the uber increase in med pack weight with that combo mod.

Ive no experiance in modding so if sum1 cud tell me how easy/impossible this would be to do?