Modder Index!

Slaughter

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, erm my programming skills are actually kindof next to none.

my enormous experience with half-life and starcraft level editors will impress you all offcourse *cough cough*

what i do have working for me though is imagination and game experience.

ive finished ufo-enemy unknown, TFTD, apocalypse all at least 3 times.

other than that ive played all the important titles, dune/s, fallout/s, jagged allience/s, close combat, whatever you name it.

Realt time turn based strategy has always been my greatest love.

you can discuss nearly any game with me, rpg's, adventure, action, shooters, RTS, sims, ive played so so many.

im also a very creative mind, im a DM in my local d&d group (not just a comp nerd no, sjeesh, i invented the word nerd) i write poetry, i draw a bit, make some music, have written a few short stories and in general am always bursting with ideas and concepts.

that combined with my experience with many computer games hopefully make me a valuable reference in any creative process.

i also basically have no life, which is always a pro in comp nerd language.

im not much of a programmer but am willing to learn and i pick up things easily, i enjoy graphical things such as particularly level creation, and moddeling.

erm well, c'est tout i think, otherwise id be giving away the start of any future autobiography.

Hello Nameless,

i was thinking of replacing the mp3-music files of AM with something more sinister and athmospheric, maybe you could help our modding team? If you are interested, contact me. Btw, your bio is pretty much the same as mine (we played the same games, have almost no life... :rolleyes: )

Regarding the music: I thought of something like the music from the films ALIEN or THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD etc....

Oh and if you have some more ideas regarding weapons, equipment etc. : KEEP 'EM COMING !!!!

Hi Aralez,

If you need any help with music replacement pop me a pm or a mail.

My own music mod should be on the site soon. It replaces the mp3's with the music form the first two X-Com's.

And for the rest who are interested I love scripting so if you need a scriptor buzz me and I have some small experience with 3D moddeling (Maya) - infact I started off with the sonic gun from the Terror from the Deep :rolleyes:

Hello everybody, i'm flux :tank:

I was kinda digged in (?) the last weeks, and junk is still piling on my desk, but obsession finally loosened its grip on me. If you plan anything where you think i could be any help, post me. Currently, i have much to read on what is already known about the moddability of the game. You guys have been VERY productive on that :rolleyes:

I know Perl and C (my code tends to be a bit chaotic), but am unexperienced with bigger projects. Nothing GUI-wise, only command window stuff.

Art is not my strong side, i have done some copy&paste/colour juggling stuff to create skin-variations for other games, that's about all. Modding statistics and researching on specific problems is more to my liking.

I am still amazed what can already be modded in the game. Wonder how far that will go...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, im exe.

Dont know if i belong here, but im god at making plans and stories for mods and maps.I have nothing finished because i suck with editors and stuff.You can see one of my stories, the blood ravens, in the plotline\ stories section.

Ah! nice have another programmer join in. We need lots of tools.

Savegame editor.

Particle system editor.

Entity editor, for weapons, soldiers and enemies.

Interface designer.

Plugin for lightwave, maya or 3dsmax for creating meshes.

Geoscape editor, ground textures and base placement.

Kulisa maker, a kulisa is a ground patch with a mesh on top.

Ublock maker, ublocks contains particles, meshes, a ground patch describing heights and what squares are blocked, and a lightmap and a few more things.

And a research and progess editor.

Well, hehe, thats one hell of a list, but perhaps at least some of it can be done. The only really helpful tool we got from altar is the viewer, and it does nothing of this.

If you choose to accept this mission you are on your own, i aswell as the agency will deny all involvment.

This reply will sef destruct in five seconds. Good luck Jim!

No, seriously, you're very welcomed and ill be happy to answer any questions you might have and try to supply you the information we have gathered.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...