Modder Index!

Slaughter

I thought it was time we gather together everyone that is making tools/mods for Aftermath, or that would like to do so. Please post what you are skilled in here, and other modders can contact you through private messages or mail by clicking your profile. Let's make some cool mods for Aftermath! :rolleyes: You can see the mods currently in production here.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, i'm Aralez and i made the little savegame mod available on this site. I can use a hexeditor and have some experiences with savegames (since my Playstation1-Gameshark times), made a Total Annihilation unit pack, some addon planes for CSF1 and other stuff. I love to balance things (esp. weapons) out, even the boring ones :rolleyes: , so if you're planning a mod and want a serious beta-tester, well, her i am! What i can't do is 3D-model thingies, but i can fine-tune things so they turn out nice! :inlove:

Hi, I'm Devvie, usually more frequent at the official forum.

However, I'm somwhat experienced in pascal/delphi language. But know a little about everything. Not a 3d-moddeler thou, but other fields of graphics i sometimes play with.

I am interested in participating in a new project, and a mod for ufo-am is really something, and i will put a lot of work into it as long as other ppl are as enthusiastic.

i would like to do a full modification, which is different enought to almost be called a entierly different game.

Can ofcourse translate into swedish as well =)

If your up to something, let me know =)

Hoi,

Im Fnurg. Im currently working on a Visual Basic editor for all the text files. Hopefully when finished you'll be able to edit all the people, bases, items and such within the game. Progress is slow and I may cancel the project depending on when Altars tools are released.

I'm also working on a short reference document for modders to work with all the text files within the game. Currently ive finished items,R&D, bases and the glossary(ufopedia). Theres also a tutorial on how to add a new weapon, magazine and link it into the manufacturing aspect of the game.

Obviously the tutorial hasnt been tested and I'm waiting for Sigget to get back to me on the vfspacker to test it.

I have some coding skills in VB, C++ and a little bit of PASCAL (havent used it since collage though). Although from what I can tell, coding is near useless for this game as all the info is stored in simple text files.

Laters,

Fnurg

Edit : Also a link to my first mod for this game. Nothing much changed because of no VFS packer. Had to make it the hard way.

hello ive worked on some mods before a couple fell through but we managed to finish one a may be able to do alot or little dependign on this tool theyre bringing out. Im not too sure about textures and so on but if anyones willing to teach me soem new skills id gladly be a very hard working dedicated modder

Blood_y2k3@hotmail.com

Hey dudes!

My name is GurkoZ and i thought that it would be nice to let you know im working on a mod to bring better and more quality sounds to this game. I've worked on a number of "enhancement" mods in the past and i hope i can contribute something to this game also. I never do real kind of mods where you would change the aspect of the game, but rather fix things up to get a better feel and gaming experience.

I think UFO:AM is a great game, but it's sad that the weapon sounds are so mediocre. So this will be my first mission with this game. To bring more punch and atmos into our guns and effects. I might be a nit picker but poor weapon sound distract me from enjoying the game to it's full extent. Stay tuned ;o)

Hoi,

Im Fnurg. Im currently working on a Visual Basic editor for all the text files. Hopefully when finished you'll be able to edit all the people, bases, items and such within the game. Progress is slow and I may cancel the project depending on when Altars tools are released.

I'm also working on a short reference document for modders to work with all the text files within the game. Currently ive finished items,R&D, bases and the glossary(ufopedia). Theres also a tutorial on how to add a new weapon, magazine and link it into the manufacturing aspect of the game.

Obviously the tutorial hasnt been tested and I'm waiting for Sigget to get back to me on the vfspacker to test it.

I have some coding skills in VB, C++ and a little bit of PASCAL (havent used it since collage though). Although from what I can tell, coding is near useless for this game as all the info is stored in simple text files.

Laters,

Fnurg

Edit : Also a link to my first mod for this game. Nothing much changed because of no VFS packer. Had to make it the hard way.

Fnurg,

Intruiged by your post, I downloaded your Mod eagerly . While installing your Mod/patch I ecountered this messages"..installation_dir\gamedata.vfs: unknown version"

I'm running UFO:AM patch 1.2, Legal copy.

Please inverstigate. oh btw the games was NOT running when I run the patch

cheers,

/h0mbre :rolleyes: ???

Sorry about that Hombre! I'm just gonna do a reinstall and try to build the patch again. Will post in a moment.

to be honest, it's nothing to get too excited about. :rolleyes: Just changes a few variables in the game such as the speed of the chopper, reduced time to change bases, auto delegation of mission extended (theoreticly) and some slight changes in research/development times.

I just wanted to see if it was possible to create a mod without a means of packing files into the vfs archive :tank:

edit: Should be fixed now. Has been tested and worked fine on my installation. Same link

I'm mostly interested in tweaking and balancing weapons and equipment.

I'm currently waiting big-time for the tools so I can make a more realistic approach on weapon-damage and ranges :rolleyes:

Not sure how much time I will have at modding since I have my own game-project running... hopefully I will get far enough to have something to show soon...

Hi Aralez,

I'm afraid that I used possibly the most cumbersom method there is to make this little patch.

It was all done using a hex editor and a little program I made to re-compress the text files. Firstly I recompressed the original file and searched the first 16 bytes of the file in the gamedata.vfs to find the file entry. Noted that down. Then I made changes to the original file, compressed that and copy and pasted it over the entry in the gamedata.vfs. A few fields in the gamedata was changed to compesate for the altered filesize.

I dont suggest you use this method :rolleyes:

Sigget's doing well with his vfs editor and it shouldn't be too far away now.

Yea, that patch program was the only viable way of distributing a patch (atm, im currently exploring Altars patch system for another alternative)

It does take a very long time to apply any changes to the gamedata.vfs which is why the alterations are so small (sitting in front of the computer for 10 mins waiting for changes to be applied is no fun :o )

Oh, you dont have to update the MD5 checksum on the gamedata.vfs file. If at least, I didnt on mine :rolleyes:

I should have really started a new topic for this :tank:

No checksum on the gamedata.vfs? Great, that will save SOME time :rolleyes:

But i admit atm, editing the gamedata file in a hexeditor is a pain for me, no text passages only hex hex hex... I'll skip this one until a repacker is out :tank:

Btw, Fnurg :inlove: any chances of seeing one soon? :angel:

All the text (and models,maps,textures) are compressed using zlib. If you know a little about programming, creating a simple program to recompress the extracted files for manual reinsertion into the vfs shouldnt be too hard :tank:

Regarding the packer : Well, Slaughter said that someone had already made a vfspacker. Someone called Flux i think. Slaughter said he was going to try to find it and bung it on the mods section. Guess he hasn't had much luck finding it yet.

And of course theres Siggets packer :rolleyes: