What do you want from modding tools?

Slaughter

Personally, I'd like to see

- the ability to change stats of everything like trangenants, aliens, weapons etc., preferrably with a way to add new stuff

- a map / mission editor

- some kind of "trigger/command" scripting language that at least works on geoscape level, though it would be even better if it also worked on missions.

- import tools allowing custom graphics and sounds

That's all for now, and Altar actually promised some of those.

_______

rezaf

Ok, this is what i want for an expanion, or someone to make a mod:

1) The ability to enter buildings. Like you have an enter icon on a building and the soldier enters the building and appears on the roof. This would be great for snipers

2) TANKS! 7 soldiers is not enough to attack the many aliens in the game :tank:

3) Have the option of turn-base combat, like X-Com had

4) Better Pathfinding

5) Improved Graphics...just alittle bit :bomber:

6) The ability to edit the voices, and record our own in

7) The ability to put our faces on the soldiers :rolleyes:

8) Better sound effects

Thats about it for now, i would think these would improve the gameplay much more and make it even a better ass-kicking game! :devil:

Ablitity to change UFO with tools to

1. set unlimited ammo for humans wepoans...

2. edit aliens, soldiers files

3. change some in-game visuals (visual quality for all plasma weapons)

4. ability to make new human armors

5. maybe the ability to change user interface (diferent key biddings, change what mouse buttons will do).

A few things would be ideal:

A map editor that allows us to not only create "static" missions (like the Area 51 mission and other story elements) but also create "random" missions. This would work by allowing you to set up various variables (similar to Sim City 2000's terrain generator) such as how many trees, how many objects, etc. etc. and then it will randomly create missions for you.

The ability to change all elements of the game. Attributes of weapons, attributes of aircraft on the geosphere, attributes of aliens, attributes of transgenants, attributes of everything :tank:

The ability to add new elements in to the game, especially map objects (a Skyranger that appears at landing zones, anyone? :rolleyes: )

The ability to create missions of as many stages as you need. I've only seen missions of up to two stages in the main game. It would be good to have a three stage mission to capture an alien base - secure the perimeter in Stage 1, secure the base in Stage 2, and then escape to the LZ in stage 3 (where perhaps, the alien commanders have called for reinforcements)

There are many things that would be good to have, but its debatable as to how easy some of this stuff would be to do. The engine they've used looks to be quite flexible, with the VFS templates and all.

Men , the game is OK-GOOD , but you pass near to be one of the best game ever , and add 1000000 sells more !

i'm 34 , and i play video game since the dawn of cybernity , please ask me some advises , i can give for you for FREE .

1.put less bases , but every bases have their own soldiers to défends

2. more teams who can be send in different mission or togheter !!!

3.when defend base , if you have 30 soldiers , the rest should come as rienforcement when one soldiers die

5.MORE CONTACT ALIENS TOUGHT AND FAST, LIKE THE MOVIE ALIENS

4.more aliens then when they attck a base = HUGE BATTLE

5.editor : voice, how many aliens ect ...

6.counting during the story, how many soldiers die and aliens ect ...

7.nothing for free , but possibility to find or build

8.soldier sight of view , alien can attack contact in the back

9.MISSIONS STAY MUCH LONGUER

10.more human base assaulted by aliens

i can make a large list , but i think here are the most important

It's up to you , would do like to become rich and please people or continue to ignore us !

bye

-Ability to change and add new stats of soldiers/aliens/weapons and other items etc.)

-Ability to create new/modify both strategic and tactical maps

-Ability to modify research and development tree (change and create new RndD options)

-Ability to import graphic and sounds

-Ability to modify story of course(I thing this should be ensured by requests listed above)

-EASY TO LEARN INTERFACE OF EDITOR(something like Aurora for Newerwinter Nights) :rolleyes:

What i would like to see in the modding tools would be :

Ability to edit/add new graphics for armour,weapons,characters,aliens,the menu

Ability to edit/add new sounds

Ability to change stats for everything

Ability to make your own mission types

Ability to create new research/development things

Ability to make new weapons,armour,characters,aliens

Ability to create new buildings and interiors of bases/edit existing ones, making your own textures etc

Thats about all i can think of at the moment :angel:

purely the ability to edit aliens stats and loadouts on tactical missions

some way of making the aliens stats random, so they're not all heroic/excellent, and individual aliens could be stronger or weaker than the next

the ability to change the average load out so you can set if all or some aliens have good weapons :rolleyes:

Quick list:

- editing everything that is in game already (stats, aviability, graphics, sounds etc.)

- ability to import graphics (both 2d and 3d) together with animations

- mission & campaigh builder and scripting tool (preferably quite easy)

That would be it, I see that we all ask for much, but maybe to those tools (if they will be usable :rolleyes: ) game will buy itself some more time on our hdd.

Well, first we need an extractor for the .vfs (of .vsf) file. Having that, I am sure we can see/extract the contents of what is inside the file and thus will be able to change/add sound, graphics and stats. Second, it would be really good if Altar could also give us a guide on how to use the scripting language. This game is so hard, I wish I could change some of the item stats for example like making the armor more resilient to damage, change the scripting a bit to make the aliens miss more often... maybe. I doubt we could give some AI to the player units, but it wouldn't hurt to try. :rolleyes:

I guess I second the general idea of easily changing stats. I'm not really any more than a very rookie modder, so my stuff tends to just be gameplay tweaks and whatnot. But yes, definately the chance to edit stats of various things, and also the ability to change maps, not just to make preset ones like Area 51, but also to (As was suggested) change the factors involved in making random maps...

Hi Ive been playing the game for about a week now.

My approach to this game was probably like a lot of peoples and thought GREAT ANOTHER UFO GAME JUST LIKE XCOM!

However CENEGA & ALTOR are not Microsoft!

EVEN STIL UFO AFTERMATH IS DEFFERNATLY AN IMPROVEMENT ON UFO ENEMY UNKOWN & UFO TERROR FROM THE DEEP!

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK CENEGA & ALTOR FOR MAKING A GREAT GAME WITH A STRONG PLATFORM FOR FUTURE DEVELOPMET.

If i can add one small but maybe major improvement! altho there may be an obviou reason to this?

FOR WHAT REASON DID CENEGA & ALTOR DECIDE NOT TO MAKE THE 3D ENVIRONMENT REFFEREING TO ALL BUILDINGS & OTHER TYPE STRUCTURES INTERACTIVE?

ITS JUST A BIT STRANGE HOW YOUR SOLDIERS CAN ONLY GO IN CERTAIN BUILDINGS AND NOT ALL OF THEM!

I KNOW THIS IS A MAJOR TASK, BUT PEOPLE WANT THEIR CHARACTERS TO BE ABLE TO CLIMB LADDERS, OPEN ANY DOR TO ANY BUILDING AND GO INSIDE IT!

UFO AFTERMATH IS A GREAT GAME BUT IF YOU COULD DO THIS IT WOULD TRUELY TOP IT! IT WOULD REALLY HIT HOME WITH A LOT MORE GAMERS, GREATLY IMPROVE TACTICAL COMBAT.

EVEN THE FALLOUT GAMES HAVE THIS BASIC FUNCTION AND IT MAKE THE GAME SO MUCH MORE RELISTIC SO MUCH MORE INVOLVED!

SORRY FOR THE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM IF YOUVE TAKEN OFFENSE!

PLEASE REPLY TO ME IF POSSIBLE

7/10 room for improvement!

greenduncan@hotmail.com

1. ability to expand the vfs file . and substitute graphics with custom ones.

primarily for interface and weapons imgs / faces etc.

2. making completely new 3d models ...pls pls pls with maya learning edition :rolleyes:

and a description of scale, lightmaps etc ..

3. a tool for creating custom recruits.. face, voice, model, name, iventory img ..the lot :tank:

4 tool /description of how to mod weapon stats

5. creating new missions..

6 editing the reasearch tree ..ie adding items and prerecuisites..

best regards

/Viruz

i would like to see:

the ability to create your own technologies, aliens, human units, and vehicles. :rolleyes:

Also the ability to edit the game maps, the weapons (graphics, stats and all)

and to edit the aliens stats.

:alien2:

AND..AND!!!! Somehow, have the directors cut altered to an actual replay of the missions high point, as opposed to an annoying spinny camera thingy!!!

• 2 weeks later...