What about option on the CoE

DarkWolf

Well its cool to control 1 squad but you cant do all mission.. so what about a way to, at least, upgrade CoE troops? :rolleyes:

Well CoE troops are really bad at the end , so do i when i got surrounded by reticulan armed to the teeth .... but anyway they keep on loosing and i loose base frequently and got no chance to defend my self!

Well i hope they will put option on CoE troops... :tank:

Well, in the beginning of the game, you can upgrade your CoE troops. It doesn't seem to help much though. :rolleyes:

I would actually like to be able to call in assistance from CoE troops in the area, they would then arrive from off the map and help.

How about we are able to designate what weapons they get? Sort of like the militia in Jagged Alliance 2. Ex: CoE squad 1 only has ak-47s, but you have enough shiny plasma rifles for each of them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Well, recently I've been looking on the inside of the gamedata.vfs file and saw something that seemed like bonuses and penalties for CoE troops, appart from some research, there seems to be a bonus for the early stages of the game and the fact that if too much time passes (think about 5 days) from the last victory (not sure if it matters if it must be a player's victory or other CoE troops) there's a penalty for their chance of victory (morale?)

Hmm, thats quite interesting. I must admit being quite ignorant to the coding behind it, but you seemed to say that the % of CoE troops was a dynamic, based on events such as victories with your team. Would there be a way to code an option to "Donate" weapons to the CoE to increase the dynamic % for a time, the % raised based on the individual weapon?(No feeding infinite Uzi's)

Its very interesting as an idea, but having a vauge idea of the work involved I certainly wouldnt be twisting unwilling wrists into attempting a potentially mammoth task like that :rolleyes:

Certainly would rock, however.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It would be doable, but the work needed to do it would be immense. There is one research that already does this (don't know the exact english name, it's one of the first two researches), but for an effect like you want one would have to attach the "increase-the-chance-thing" to each and every research...

Aralez, doable, but not modable. This thing seems to be partially hardcoded. While you can change the benefit it grants you can't add/change the research required for the benefit.

I wonder how many hopes have I crushed with this statement.