Spoiler/Mid Game

Taxman

• 3 weeks later...

Oh dear... all these people reading topics with spoilers in them :rolleyes: Don't go searching for the one that goes on about the end of the game guys! Kinda spoiled it a bt for me, but it was still really hard and fun nonetheless!

As for this ending - it's the same ending video as for losing if I recall correctly... just without the bit of text saying that you've made an alliance. Makes sense though as either way you've mucked it up and the aliens are going to take over the world in their own special way.

• 3 weeks later...

i am playing medium difficulty, but I just hate short games as Max Payne, pirates of caribbean, MOHAA and some games what you can call.

I hope this game is very modiable?

Can add new maps, weapons, new story after end? (I don't want play this game overagain! i already seen everything!)

I really like games as Morrowind (very modiable!) Final fantasy 7/8. because you can play long as you want whitout come to the end. and of course X-COM UFO Enemy Unknow! i played it till i am stuck but no the end too quick.

I am bit unhappy with this game now (I was not till i saw the end.) I am thinking about to uninstall this game till I can buy add-ons or more mods.

fair to say when i was young I never buy very many games but did warez(20 diskettes for a game lol) till last year I've job so have money enough but I feel sorry I wasted my all money for Halo, Pirates of caribbean, Call of duty (but it's very nice) and this game but they way too short or sucks!

I better try game first then buy

• 4 weeks later...

MORE SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

Having slogged my way through to the deal being offered, I have to say that I thought the designers had come up with a brilliant idea! Consider the enemy situation:

The renegade Reticulans know they have to create their god within 20 years, or they will be destroyed by the fleet sent by the Old Greys to destroy them once and for all. Humanity has caught up with Reticulan military technology, and now the Reticulans are suffering heavy losses of both ships and personnel. Even the biomass is being driven back. The project that the Reticulans have staked everything on is on the verge of failure.

Thus the Reticulans attempt to use diplomacy after military action has failed.

At first, I thought that this was an attempt at deception, but from the hints in the glossary entry on the purpose of the biomass and the poetic quote that you get if you accept the alliance, clearly the new god has ideas of its own about taking orders. If you refuse the offer, the only chance the Reticulans have for survival is to struggle on.

I prefer games that have elements of strategy and politics rather than a simple bugfest.

• 2 weeks later...