Story

The Doctor

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. They've read up on it a bit :blink: Basically, the same information has been going around various interviews over the past couple of months, but it's quite handy that Avault have put the most important aspects into one document.

I really need to do my own, more detailed version of this so that when newcomers drop by, they can see exactly what it's all about.

It's a good story... wonder how it ends :alien2: :(

Well the fact that a sequel has been mentioned on two separate occasions points toward the ending being left open for more bad guys to come along, bt it's just a case of how and when :blink:

Still, I guess we'll find out soon enough!

For the first game to be out? Well Altar was originally aiming for Christmas, but they may overshoot by a month or two.

If they do, then it'll most likely be that they'd rather release a quality game than hit a deadline and release an unfinished or bug-filled one :blink:

For the sequel?... Years perhaps? :(

Yes, sorry, I meant the first game,

well, I was hoping more this summer but it will probably be early next year I understand.

This means you will be busy this year, keeping this site running with interviews and screenshots to keep the fans pleased, I think when the game is released it will go more easily as people have more to talk about.

You should invite the Veteran and Warlord. They can keep spamming till the game is released and there is more to talk about, they have enough material for a whole year. :blink:

Warlord's in here somwhere, but I think he's more likely to be on the scene when there's a bit more action in the forums.

It's picking up, and not doing too badly since it's only been online for two days :blink:

Off to finish my interview for the team now. Anyone got any questions? Send me a PM :(

Yes, watch out when Warlords about. Everyone compare his post count to mine in the XCom Tactical Command forum...

We were neck and neck once! :o

So, he inspired me to make this:

:blink:

Hmm, nice story. All the other games end in X-Com destroying the head honcho alien (despite destroying the "absolute boss" alien in the last game, as well).

Wonder if this will follow the patterns...

Drat! That story site had no screen shots of combat. :(

Here's hoping we get Mechs, and power suits, and tanks, and plasmas, and lasers, and disrupters, and blaster launchers, and that funny bio-gun that looked like a kangaroo head, and disrupter sheilds, and... (etc, etc, etc...)

:bomber:

You can hope mate, but I don't think we'll get all that lot somehow :blink:

Anyway, Warlord's a ood egg, and chatty is often good. It's community building and that's always a good thing in the gaming world :(

The story sounds a bit same-y at the moment, what with the alien invasion and the fight to take back the world, but it's the way it's carried out in the game and the differences to games of similar types that'll make it stand out I think.

The nice little spin on the story is the bio hazard stuff. It sounds like we need to protect ourselves from these toxic gasses. So we don't have to be concerned with only being shot, but protecting ourselves from gas and researching a way to protect ourselves. Pretty neat twist.

Hurlshot

Hmm... biomass... bio-technological ships... it's Species 8472 from Star Trek: Voyager!! Go away! You're over a century too early for an assault on earth! :(

Hehe, it does sound interesting, fairly original in a game of this kind, and should provide a backdrop for some really interesting technology and equipment. I hope it;s not going to be like Independence Day where we ive their computer a cold :blink:

Still, I'm sure that however the story pans out, I'll enjoy it. Haven't played a game that's got similar features to this one since I played X-COM Apocalypse last about a year ago... I'm in need of something with a good storyline ;)

Lol! I'm sure it's not going to go down that route, but I'm sure somewhere aong the line the Biomass will be researched and made to do something useful.

I reckon the only mutants in the game will be nasty ones which have appeared due to the after-effects of the alien spores. For example - the parasite aliens and the large four-legged creatures are both mutations as far as I can tell, and they both look pretty pissed orf :blink:

I don't know. The plot's a little wierd. I mean these aliens just come along and annihilate 90% of the population then the remaining 10% regroup and ultimately destroy the aliens... It's going to mess up the XCom saga a bit... I know it isn't actually supposed to be XCom but still all of the other games have run in series and this ones going to mess it up.

Veteran... this has absolutely NO link to X-COM whatsoever, so unless you're thinking of rewriting the story of both X-COM and UFO:A to incorporate this war just after the first alien war in the X-COM series, then why are you worried about that :blink:

Now just try and think of it as a completely unrelated game and it won't mess with your head quite so much :(

I give up. I don;t know why you people are even trying to fit it around X-COM :blink:

It does look VERY vaguley familiar, but I don't think people who see it in action are going to say "Hey! That looks like X-COM".

To be honest, nowadays people are more likely to say "What the feck is X-COM?" since you can;t really get the games easily any more :(

Now now... stop talking about Abandonware and get back on track :devil:

If it helps, I found several copies of Apocalypse and in the past have found E-Mail X-COM on several shop shelves. They're still out there, and they're still in online shops somewhere (I'll have to update by shop pag tho, as some of them are out of stock :blink: ).

Back to the story...