Story

The Doctor

Hmm, the "alien biomass" seems alot like Zerg Creep. (Or for people living in the warmer parts of the US, Kudzu and its brethren. :() I always liked the Zerg in Starcraft, they even made an appearance in Star Wars Episode 2! ;)

Ok, there's nothing I can think of to get this post back on topic. :blink:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete, while UFO:A is nothing to do with XCom and everybody knows this you have got to realise that 99% of the people here at the moment were brought over from XTC. We like XCom and until we see the game we'll probably keep trying to fit it in. Although for the sake of everybody else, I'll try not to... :dontgetit:

I like the idea of fitting it between TftD and Apocalypse! :blink:

Well, to stay "realy on topic": I don't think this biomass is something like this starcraft "slime". It souds to me like a huge organic terraforming mashin, designed to etablish a alien biosphere at deserted earth. Maybe it would dissapear just two weaks after you wiped it from earth leaving a garden of eden (mabe it IS the geck from fallout 2 :().

Bimbo

Look I'll see if I can't settle this shall I as I have the only logical explanation.

IF it was an XCom game or in any way ran along the same timeline. Then it would be after apocalypse. That way there wouldn't be millions dying as there are only a few Mega-cities. Say this game is based 2108 or something like that. Earth is still a mess but there is a relatively large population as the destruction of T'leth would be long gone. Therefore when these spores come it is actually a very large percentage of the population of earth that survives and not such a stupidly small one. It would fit there perfectly BUT IT IS NOT AN XCOM GAME! So it doesn't...

Ok?

Somebody pass Bastiaan a bucket. :blink:

Anyway, back to the topic, the story behind this game sounds very interesting. It's just close enough to X-COM to gain my interest but not close enough to seem like a copycat. Of course, the screen shots and gameplay look cool, too. This is definitely on my to-buy list! I'm ready to kill some aliens. :(;)

Well, I hope you hit the bucket anyway, Bastiaan. :blink: I don't suppose you noticed that I did get back on topic, btw. The more I read about this game, the better I like it. Unfortunately, when it comes out, I will be too busy with work for a few months even to think about it. :(

Indeed... I don;t even know what I'm going to be doing tomorrow (other than working on ANOTHER bank holiday :blink: ).

The fact that I can't remember what I was doing five minutes ago is rather obvious as I'm male, so that's no surprise :(

Anyway, UFO:A, nice story so far (I think), we'll take it! ;)

I teach at a high school, and I plan to work on National Board Certification next school year. It will basically take over my life for a while, and the big test is in March....about the time I turn in the huge portfolio I have to do. Trust me, I won't be playing many computer games next spring. There's always summer vacation, though. :blink: Oh, and I'm sure I'll find time to visit here and XTC. I can't work *all* the time, and I'm sure you'd miss me. :(

Oh, you work with ehhm, I don't know how you call them correct, but you work with people who are retarded? Or with deaf or blind kids? I must say something like that is very important work Tammy, very good.

Sorry for off-topicing the Story Thread, one of the most important ones on this site, forgive me Pete....lay down that stick Pete, Pete...... :blink:

Oh, that's not what I meant, actually. My students are the usual types. I'm the one who's a little atypical as teachers go. :( How many teachers, especially female ones, did you have who loved sci-fi, computer games, and heavy metal music? Let's just say that my class is an interesting place to be most days. ;) If I were teaching right now, I'd be telling them all about this cool new game called UFO: Aftermath and the story behind it, but it is summer vacation right now.

I think that Pete will forgive us for going a little off-topic now and then. He always has. :blink:

I've been checking out the "official forum" and learning more about this game. I still like it, but unlike Pete, I don't have a powerful new computer, so I'll have to do some upgrading before I can play. Just as well, since I can't play it until about a year from now. :)