Reticulan Offer

jayohaitchenn

Well, the best thing to find out would be to play a 2nd time and then go for yes. Many of us have been through that "what would of happened if I selected the other option?" But eventually found out :blink:. Just like to note that Aftershock is based on accepting this offer.

Well, the best thing to find out would be to play a 2nd time and then go for yes. Many of us have been through that "what would of happened if I selected the other option?" But eventually found out :blink:. Just like to note that Aftershock is based on accepting this offer.

Having actually searched for this in the plot and storyline forum (!!) i now know what happens. Sorry for not reading up first!

• 5 months later...
Sorry, I'm a bit out of the loop, but UFO: Aftershock is based on the acceptance of an offer that most people refuse? Or is it just a small community that is refusing? It seems odd to structure a storyline around the lower probability option from the preceding game...

I suppose that is the sort of continuing story they preferred. That it was the more interesting option to develop.

Because they accept there have appeared many strange groups of humans on earth. Cyborgs, Psionics, Cultists and so on.

Sorry, I'm a bit out of the loop, but UFO: Aftershock is based on the acceptance of an offer that most people refuse?  Or is it just a small community that is refusing?  It seems odd to structure a storyline around the lower probability option from the preceding game...

You must consider tho, that the reason most ppl would refuse the offer is because the game would end and a lot would be left out. If they had designed the game to use the Reticulan offer as the final victory, then everyone would be doing it since it would be the longest path to victory.

Additionally, it was probably done intentionally to when they developed the game to leave an opening for a believable continuation of the game as the other ending is too "Americanized" Independance day ending. I wonder if I can find the total conquest ending...

• 4 months later...

accepting the reticulan offer is like saying, "Oh good, we'll kill off those stupid old grays and work with you, HAHA! Jokes on them"

i personally didn't choose it because i wanted to stop the evil, beceause even if they thought it unneccessary, they still brought the biomass

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think so, in my current game the total area of the biomass is about the size of australia in two different places, and i'm already shoving it back

although, if you didn't get the offer until later, or you were really losing badly, i can see that taking the offer would be more realistic

It depends. If you made some bad research choices and the biomass is taking over and you don't have repulsors yet, then you're buggered.

Is it at all possible for the 'mass to spread over the sea? If not, it can easily be restricted to either the poles or the larger islands, such as Australia, etc. :blush:

The biomass can cross narrow seas, such as the straits between the Americas and Asia and South America and Antartica. It cannot cross wide seas, so your bases in New Zealand, Pearl Harbour, Mauritius, the Azores and Cape Verde are safe from the Biomass as long as they aren't sucessfully targeted by a planter. It certainaly cannot be contained in AUstralia as I have had it start off there and go on to envelop half of Asia.

The Reticulan Offer is triggered by your scientists working out what the purpose of the Biomass actually is. Biomass repulsors are a byproduct of this reseach.

The other prerequisite for biomass repulsors is to obtain at least one psionic weapon (the Reticulans use lots of them, so you should have hundreds of them in your armoury) and research psi principles.