picking up aliens and multi missions

happypotato

I have a couple of questions.

1. How can I pick up an alien once it's down and unconscious. The men either want to kill it or they won't stand over the top of it to pick it up?

2. I am happily sending out my men on missions agains the extraterrestrials but have a whole bunch of soldiers at home twiddling their thumbs, can't I send out more than one helicopter?

I remember with older versions of the game (those wonderful first two when the graphics was cartoony and witty) when you had alot more control over individual bases purchasing rooms and planes so multimissions could be sent out.

1: Use the walk command (can't remember the hotkey now), and then right click on top of the alien/mutant. You can only pickup the smaller aliens...

2: You can send out up to seven soldiers in one chopper, and that's it. The missions you don't have time to do will be resolved by other troops (not controlled by you).

As for Aftermath, it is not a sequel to the X-Com games, though it is similar in many ways. Oh, and welcome to the boards!

Basically, anything that's larger than one square, you can't carry.

If you are doing a capture mission, and you can't find one square transwhatevers (sometimes you just DON'T have them, the whole mission is filled with large ones), you need to knock out at least one transwhatever and eliminate the remaining on the map (this is why later I ignore capture missions).

There's one more method for capturing large transgenants. You need to lure them into the "capture area" and knock them out in it. Easy with chompers, very complex with most of the others, particulary in open terrain where normally the "capture area" is located at one of the corners of the map.

• 1 month later...
Using the mouse I think that centering the mouse pointer over the alien will target the alien still, but move off towards the side until the player gets the walk-on square type cursor to walk over the alien. Once use to it, it gets easier, or turn the camera angle more horizontal, and the square will and cursors will be bigger, so more room for cursor of the mouse to change there at that square!

• 3 years later...
I still have huge difficulties of picking up the injured transgenants as the soldiers always wanted to kill them if the cursor moves over them. What's exactly the meaning of "one-squre" transgenants? Can we name some of the spices which are "one-square" in size? A "Cudgel", although as said to be small in enough in size for pick-up, I still can't pick the injured one. I used "walk" to walk over the bodies, they wouldn't stop over the body.