Help!

Vlad

Hi guys,

I wonder if someone could help me out somewhat that looks like its never going to end. I'm fairly at the beginning of the game and I'm playing in Europe. The 1.2 patch has been applied. I've something like 10 bases by now. I've hard about the biomass but never got to really discover it, and it's blocking my researches. Any idea on how getting things on their way?

Besides, I have never manage to bring an alien alive back to the base, or at least it keeps asking me for an reticulan officer. Where do I get one? How do I do this? (I thought I just had to take one in the arms of a soldier before finishing a mission, but does not seems to be enough).

That's most of it! Thanks in advance, good ufo killing to everyone.

Vlad

i think ofiicers are n battleships or bases....you must have alian containment to do this....

try and go on all the planter misions u can until u get a bionode sample....and look around your globe to find the bio stuff and try and get a mission there...thats the only way to get a sample of it...eg if a piolet is down and the bio is near wit untill the bio has coverd him

Hmmph, I usually stun all the reticulians, meaning that I always wind up with far more ret officers than I need. (They usually wear sky/sun armor. Generals usually wear bio armor.)

As for the biomass... You have to get a mission on it (doesn't matter which mission) to get the biomass sample. You must then recover a planter (that hasn't deposited its bionode) to get the biomass node material. Then you should be set to research biomass repulsion bases.

Thanks guys,

Cpl. Facehugger, you say you stun the aliens. How do you do that? Just by making sure they keep some hit point (I mean, they still have a read bar and then someone "hugs" them back home) or is there some special methods, weapon?

Does the biosmass looks like something on the geospehere?

And no, I have only done the eden mission.

Thanks!

Vlad

the biomass is the pupel thing on the geospher...that u should hurry to stop...cause it eats up your bases unless u research how to stop it

stun means just ceap them alive you need to complite as many missions as u can...espacilay the Area 51 and russion secret base(but that one can wait) area 51 one gives your alian containment...thus alows your to bring the alians home alive

Yup. Stun is just when you leave an alien alive. You can tell a reticulian's status by his pose. If he is up and around (and shooting at you) he is awake. If he is knocked down, but his shield is still on then he is stunned. If he is knocked down and his shield is off, he is dead.

The biomass is a large brownish, veiny mass on the geosphere. That stuff grows like weeds. You'll know it when you see it. (Planters drop it off, and eventually, you will get a message that tells you its there.)

Lastly, what is the "Eden" mission?

nope...there is a stun rod in a plugin...but all that does is freez them for a few sec...but any weapon is good.....snipers...rifles...are good...but shotgun and smg at close range...might not leave them standing, or breathing for that matter...

but once you get one wipe them of the face of history

Great, that's very useful. Do I then need to take the body or can I leave it on the battlefield assuming it will be automatically be picked up when the guys leave (ie like in the previous versions of the game)?

Thanks A LOT.

Vlad