Multi-Player ?

lemmingzappa

I like the single-player side of the game. I think they should focus on that.

But from a lasting appeal point of view I guess it should be included, since multiplayer keep games alive. So no from a personal point of view, and yes from a business point of view.

I don't think it would be possible to have a multiplayer module for UFO:AM... this genre of game is solely for single player side... it's not even 100% in single player side then add a multiplayer side? it would only make matters worse... how can you possibly enjoy a multiplayer game in AM? it would be possible if there would be a major major mission, and I'm talking about a long and large map, maybe having 5 or more levels, just like in UFO: Terror from the Deep by XCOM where you have to go through 3 levels of armed to the teeth aliens and kill the mastermind... the overall strategy has to be changed if they decide to add a multiplayer module in order to make it user friendly and increase user satisfaction...

Multiplayer would require massive story change. It would be possible if you weren't limited to a single team. Or if there would be two or more factions on earth, perhaps fighting together for the same goal. Or against each other, for not all humans are patriotic (sad, but true). Playing as rets would also be nice. But then it raises the question of how to manage it all. However I wouldn't mind having human opponent. Aliens fall for ambushes way too easily.

• 5 weeks later...