who wanted tanks in aftermath?

Exe22

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...i thought about...the chopper...having diffance capobilatys....i wonder if it possibe to make a desighn of a chopper....with rotating blades...over the insertion...zone....but the whould be a problem in bases...hmmm.....i thought about a bugy type...one driver...and one using a mingun...on top....or a huge robot....taking up 4/2 squers.....waliking aroubnd with double something...

has anyone played starship troopers...the game....the moroder suit...thats what i mean....

hey metry where are u from???...u sound like our from the CCCP...or around there anyway....and i would hate the alians...to have one of those.....2 rockets is trouble enough.....hehehe...

for those that dont no what Katyusha means...it was a secret russian weapon during the second world war....it could fire a berage of missiles....and be reloded...in less then 2 min....(imegane 200 of these things fireing on to a battle feild covering hacters in missile fire......)

like most thing The russians used to deafeat the Germans....EG Ukranian NAVY...who would rip open there shirts to reveal a telnashka....and run towards tanks...or tranches with nuthing but nades....and scream "paloondra"(they were called the DEVILS)

as was Katyusha...."HELLS FIRE"

Sorry for the history lesson.... :blink:

But...in X-com they had sectopods...and cyberdiscs....some trouble but nothing....a UFO:AF hibrid tank.....could nt fix.....and there is a posiblity of adding tanks....(A bug was found in Dic...u could controll the enemy...so they are not on your screan but u have control...maybe we can use this...if any one is intrested i have pix of...alians killing each other...with rocket launchers and p90s

would have been fun to run around a corner and face a alien ;):blink: jk. but seriously, that would have brought a new dimension to the game, since you then would have had to USE your AT weapons, instead of letting them collect dust in a corner at your storage

Hi all back again after I drifted off.

Maybe you could just find these vehicles in maps, like the discarded trucks in bases and drive them, that would solve the chopper problem.

I dont use rocket launchers due to the fact they overkilled molemen but had problems with carcrabs etc.

it does...but i was overexpracing my self...in fact...the exact time to rweloed...and fire...is 18min...34sec...on average...and it was top secret so u had to very well trained

If it is top secret, how do you know?

*looks about for KGBs and hides in BB's bunker*

all i know is that the germans feared them as the devil himself

lol Kattushas function on a simple principal: Rockets blow stuff up. Problem is rockets are inaccurate, only 1 out of 5 will hit directly. Solution: Fire 50 of them!

And no Kattushas are used in ranged combat only. You basically guesstimate the relative position of the enemy and then make it rain hell. (still in use in the Middle East along with other relics of the CCCP)

For the kind of close quarter combat in UFO an armored vehicle makes more sense, but that's for transferring troops only. Still no reason why you can't mount a heavy rail gun on top of a Humvy and have two troops dedicated to driving it around and providing serious cover fire.

as I said. It would work for transport only. what better to get to a base? seven turtles or seven turtles inside an armoured vehicle capable of mowing down any enemy and moving 90kph.

Would make the Russian mission easy. Just go through the wall machine guns blasing.

The compact tank (A La Metal Slug) would work marvels.

https://www.agetec.com/images/games/metalslug_x/metalslug_tank.gif