who wanted tanks in aftermath?

Exe22

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aralez was making Cyborgs, so somebody should be able to add androids and little tanks to the soldier pool.

Due to UFO:AM program limitations, the tanks would probably have to be half the size of the humans, full of powerful goodness, and you wouldn't be able to load any people into them, but who cares?

If you had a half-height tank, then you could have two type of tanks, one that rolls like incarnadine's picture, and one that hovers like that plasma tank in X-com.

You just need somebody like Aralez who knows what he is doing to make the things and put them into the soldier pool.

Did you know that when you kneel your soldier with the human made rocket launcer, it's better than tanks?

You can fire a spread of rockets to one or several targets taking only about a second or less per rocket! It's a Katushya, if you want! But don't waste them. When you're out of rockets, you can't reload or shoot anything else.

Also, heroic strength and marksmanship soldiers with the quad machine gun are awsome. If you kneel them with a wide field of fire, they can kill fast at great distances, even when it shows a low percentage to hit.

Put both RL+MGs pretty far behind a fast soldier who will decoy and run out of the blast zone of those pesky alien R/L. Make sure he can heal well.

Good hunting. SerAris

The only thing better than one collapsible machine gun (which i prefer over collapsible railgun due to lower ammo usage) is three guys with collapsible machine guns.

Just put them at 90 degrees to the tunnel that aliens have to pass through and you'll never worry about base defense anymore. Those thingies take out 2500-2900 hp per hit. (my max was about 3600)

Did you know that when you kneel your soldier with the human made rocket launcer, it's better than tanks?

You can fire a spread of rockets to one or several targets taking only about a second or less per rocket!  It's a Katushya, if you want!  But don't waste them.  When you're out of rockets, you can't reload or shoot anything else.

Also, heroic strength and marksmanship soldiers with the quad machine gun are awsome.  If you kneel them with a wide field of fire, they can kill fast at great distances, even when it shows a low percentage to hit.

Put both RL+MGs pretty far behind a fast soldier who will decoy and run out of the blast zone of those pesky alien R/L.  Make sure he can heal well.

Good hunting.  SerAris

Except for the fact that a tank is about twenty times more powerful, can penetrate armoured vehicles and walls, has a machine gun that can turn any platoon in to red paste, a mounted flame thrower, has insanely longer range and moves at approximately 120kph.

If you ignore all those, then yeah a guy with a LAW is pretty good...I guess.

Yeah, I guess the thread started with an real, modern tank. I was discussing firepower in the current (unmod) game.

I think it would be hard to fit a tank in this game. You'd have to have:

balanced power

proper maneuverability (clogged streets and narrow base corridors -not that it could go anywhere...just you'd have to figure all that out)

Lotsa game developing time, if it could be done at all.

Remember in XCom, UFO unk, the tanks were fun but they could be junked by plasma pistols! Like their armor was made out of RDX or C4!

But hey, I'm not arguing, just discussing. Whatever yanks your crank.

If you're not comparing a real tank to a real LAW then how can you compare anything to something that doesn't exist yet?

X-Com tanks were fast, small, well armoured and carried a lot more fire power then a person. Think a guy with that law that doesn't need to re-load, crouch, can take four times as much damage and can move faster then a guy with super heroic speed in his undines. Sure it'll be really powerful but there can be set backs installed such as slow tern around time and lack of mobility in bases. But still with deployable weapons it's not very often that I need to crawl around. Just get to a big room and camp.

(and BTW tanks ARE laced with C4. It's called reactive armour.)

Sectopods rule!!! they look great! they have great firepower, but they were susceptible to laser attacks... bummer!

anyway, HWPs are things very much missed out in XCOM genre games... lost them ever since Apocalypse came out... sigh... but, can the mod tools have the power to modify the GYRO weapons and turn them into HWPs... heheheh that wouldn't be a problem right? since earth's heavy weapons are no match for their plasma rail gun... :( a tank that can be loaded and unloaded by its pilot? kind of like C&C Renegade or Battlefield 1942? just a thought though... :blink:

No, the fire clouds you see on tv are from gasoline, c4 creates an explosion without fire.

The explosives on tanks are to destroy the heads on incoming missiles before they actually hit. The israelis used a technique where they strapped old tires on their tanks, when the missile hit the tire it exploded and never really made a hard hit on the armour.

No, the fire clouds you see on tv are from gasoline, c4 creates an explosion without fire.

The explosives on tanks are to destroy the heads on incoming missiles before they actually hit. The israelis used a technique where they strapped old tires on their tanks, when the missile hit the tire it exploded and never really made a hard hit on the armour.

Actually the C4 charges re-direct the missiles, not destroy them.

It's fun to see, the missile flies at the tank, you hear a "POP" and there's an explosion somewhere ten feet adjacent to the tank.

It's not fool proof though, and well trained soldiers can destroy a tank with reactive amour by hitting it on a face that is facing them directly so that the missile does not repel to the side if you hit it at an edge.

Back in Afghanistan my uncle had some fun watching this from a fox hole as about five Arabs shot RPGs at it and all the rockets just veered off like flies. Then the tank turned it's turret and ripped them to shred with an SAW.