Do autopsies make a difference?

Exe22

Without giving too much away, it's worthwhile having them researched for later on in the game. Hope that doesn't give too much away :blink:

The report after the autopsy also tells you what damage type (hard , soft, burn, laser etc) they're most vulnerable to.

Do not mock the flapper for he has been turned into an engine of doom, but luckiliy not in my game, roast flaper anyone? When I first saw one flapping towards me I flambed it before realising it was harmless ;)

I like the descriptions because they add some pizaze (or watever) too the storie :blink:

If you read your autopsy reports carefully, you will see that some TGs are immune or vulnerable to this or that attack. This helps you kill them quicker and/or not wasting ammo and taking more damage. Shooting the car crabs with plasma weapons actually increases the crab's battery power.

So, I think it pays to research all the TG's

When I first read the thread, I wondered why I hadn't run into auto-psi ops. Then I got it. What a difference a letter makes. :blink: Silly me.

By the way has anyone seen trasher and the last transgenant that comes as one of the prerequisites (misspelled, I know) for transgenanat theory? I've beem playing game for a very long time, but haven't encountered those last two transgenants. I know one is waiting for me in the moon mission, but the other?

• 5 years later...

Old topic, but...

I have the Transgenant Theory research topic available now for a while but I decided against researching it for some reason. Anyhow, I ran out of decent topics so all I had left were a few autopsies. Wouldn't you know it, but the more autopsies you research, the faster you can complete the Transgenant Theory. :)

Right now I have a bunch of aliens left to research but the time left on the theory is something like 3 days or so. That isn't so bad. :P

- Zombie

Hmmm, I getting an itch to play UFO AM, I never got around to finish it, the patch hadn't come out at that time and I couldn't use the collapsible turrets, so I was getting wasted by the rocket spitters :P

Can't say the same about AS, I just cannot play that again! I beat it but it's neverending!

I should also find my AL saved games to beat that one too...