More Ways To Win ? *spoilers*

Direwolf007

Alright. I've been looking for the mission creation scripts in the gamedata.vfs to see if they could be changed or expanded (To make our rescue mission in the previous topic). No luck so far. But I did come across something interesting:

The listofevents.txt has the following events scripted:

"Story/Victory-Moon" --> Which is probably the way we know of winning. That is by finishing the moon mission.

"Story/Victory-Offer" --> Which is probably the event triggered by accepting the Reticulan deal. Now, its listed as victory, so one has to wonder, what if they actually did get to control that huge brain-thing the Biomass became ?

AND

"Story/Victory-Conquest: --> Now. That's the interesting part. If I had to risk a guess, I'd say that if you control all the bases on earth, this is the event that gets triggered. Interesting, no ?

I hope no one came across that before, because then I'd look silly ! :blink:

And this string is in LocalizationPack.vfs:

ID: STORY/VICTORY-CONQUEST

STR: "This is the end. The enemy presence has been eradicated from the earth. There may be, indeed there probably are, other bases in the solar system--perhaps on the moon or Mars. Now, however, it's only a question of time before they're found and destroyed. What is most important is that the earth is free again. The planet is free to be reborn."

ha i did win that way...its hard and takes tinme for new bases to apear...but maneged to get 6 bases straight away...got area51 and keiv quickly stop the biomess before it evan had a chance to speard...and then just go base after base...but there anoing little buggers...the trans sometimes get your area if you dont get there in time...i strugled ove the south pole and australia cause there is only 2 bases in AUS and one in the south

• 5 weeks later...
I do actually control all the bases in the world (60 of them). What do I need to win the conquest? About 12 of them are anti biomass (since bases are so widespread on the southern continets you can't really eradicate all of the biomass), one is reasearch (although I can't research anthying it's still there), 20 are engineering bases rest some 27 are military. And I still have moon mission and new missions are popping up all the time. What do I need?

• 1 month later...

I also have all 60 bases, but I cant seem to get rid of the biomass!

There is one spot in Asia that is surrounded by 6 fairly close bass, and it's stayed there the entire game, just a small biomass circle mocking me! I even tried turning the 25 nearest bases to anti-biomass but that still doesnt make a dent.

I also still cant clear out a few pixels worth of biomass in africa. Africa is where the biomass originated for me, and later that one tiny spot in Asia that got contained right off the bat. I did a "Kill Bionode" mission for the big Africa infestation, and that helped a ton, but I still cant finish it off completly because there arnt nearly as many bases in that area.

Just so you know, I've patch to 1.3, and I started the game in 1.3. I can go to the moon anytime I want, but I've already done that, as well as accepting the alien offer once, so I was hoping to get another ending. New missions still pop up, but at least the aliens have no bases to launch strikes at me and plant more nodes.

I am also missing muckstar and jammer research, since I've only had the opportunity to do one mission on the biomass, and they didnt appear. Maybe I need everything 100% researched?

@BlackAlmaz: Did you install the patches in the middle of your game? I did, and it screwed up my biomass research, so I had to start over again. (imported my characters though :angel: )