Collapsable Weapons

Hoonuff

Is there anyway to keep then collasped in the firing position, i was about to defend my bas eand i thought...collaspable machine gun infront of the entrance will make this mission very easy...how wrong i was, so the mission started, he started near the enteance, walked a bit, and couldnt figure out how to get him into firing position, until and enemy came, told him to shoot the enemy, but then he puts his gun away, and in the very very very long animation 3 more appear, so he takes ages to get it back out again...and end result, collaspable machine gun was useless.

Ok, so i've came up with half a solution, it appears that if u give him multiple targets to shoot at he will not undeploy between killings, so what i did was repeatedly tell him to shoot the floor near the entrance, but because of the speed of the shooting its hard to keep up, but slightly works...

I once took a look at this and it doesn't seem to be solvable (atm). This would be maybe do-able by changing the time units being necessary to deploy the weapon, but as other modders discovered that particular file (listoftimes.txt) is hardcoded, this means it can be modded but not in a "clean" way. One would need to alter the main game files, which is kind of a "sacrileg" in some modders eyes. :blink:

But there is hope: The next patch is supposed to change the moddability of that file. And the official tools are on their way, too. So it seems to be a matter of time, only. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

It was pretty much guaranteed that as soon as I said that it wouldn't be fixed in a patch that they would go and do it!

Looks like the 1.3 patch might make the collapsible weapons worth thinking about now. Especially for missions where you know you're going to start right in the middle of a lot of enemies.

TC

I've realised that collapsible weapons are as good as a minigun or a resonator, if not better. I always have at least 1 collapsible turret with me if the mission is against the Reticulans (if it's against transgenants, I go solo). I always just deploy the turrets and give them some room by moving the others (snipers mostly) to a good shelter. If an alien comes to my LOS, he's dead! ;) Even if the percent to hit is 15-25% the alien still dies in matter of seconds regardless of what armor he wears. I recommend collapsible weapons. ;)

I can now play a :devil: against the :alien2: s. No need for ;) s here

:blink: .