Easy/normal/hard Ect.

Jearom

Ok, on the main screen (the one that appears when UFO:A has started up), click on the Profiles button (I think it's the bottom right button).

There should be a list of profiles, but it's probably only got Default in it at the moment.

Above the list is an area for you to type in the name of a new profile (so do so), when you've done that, you'll get some options coming up to change the difficulty & your start location. It's easy, but not obvious.

When you've done that you have to click the Activate button to change to that Profile, then on the Main screen start a new game as per usual.

Instead of having a saved game folder, each profile has a folder then the games are saved in that folder on the computer.

So, if you make up different profiles (and by a name given for probably the folder for the saved games) anytime that you want to play an "easy" game and start in "Europe" all you have to do is call up that "Profile" and the game will start with those settings.

Now if only the options were set also, but perhaps a look at that will be an experiment to see if setting "Options" then setting a "New Profile" will retain those option settings but I think that it will only do that for a "saved" game.

Default options have always come up for me, so I have to set them again!