Transgenants

Chryssalid_Victim

I voted for Morelmen and Cudgels with later game weapons. Access to alien rocket launchers and plasma weapons makes them far more dangerous than any other transgenant I've encountered. The Reticulan quartermasters also give them advanced alien lasers before issuing them to the Reticulan soldiers.

Even early in the game one of them can be dangerous if it has a sniper rifle. In my current game, I picked up a Falcon sniper rifle off a dead Morelman late in the first month of gameplay.

Their only saving grace is that I have yet to see one with Sky Armour.

Point about the weaponry well taken ;)

Luckily they never wear any "Kiss my a** you can't kill me in 1 shot" armour.......So I shove HARCORE weapons up 'em :devil:

I am a bit worried though about the game's penchant for giving the Morelman/Cugdels Snipers Rifles which are WAAAAY beyond anything you have at the time (i.e. Aforementioned Falcon or Barrett) in the first couple of missions :blink: THAT was a rude awakening

Do not underestimate teh Flapper of DOOM!!!1!11

Sorry... my bad.

Morelmen are the hardest by far. Cudgels go down fairly quickly, but Morelmen will be hiding around corners laying traps for you in nce crossfires if you're all patched up to the latest version and you happen to stumble into a nice large room in a base mission.

Other than that, Balloonfish of all things cause me grief - again on base missions. Being the kind of guy who charges round corners, I have lost my whole squad to one once. One is all it takes.

Early on Balloonfish are a pain in base missions. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen a group of soldiers open a door only to find a Balloonfish on the other side. BOOM! :blink:

Mid-game I'd rate Deathbellows as most dangerous. Once you get decent ranged weapons they become less of a problem unless you accidentally get too close.

Late game it has to be anything armed with rocketlaunchers.

TC

[Morelmen are the hardest by far. Cudgels ]

I will vote for morelmen and cudgels, these doom bring are a great pain when armed will G11 or Berret or Fac or Aug.

I almost lost halve my team to a dense group of 5 morelmens due to their super power long range auto fire. When i tried to do the auto fire back, my acc is only 10%. I bet the rifle skill is already super hero by mission 8.

Morelman/Cudgel

I remember vividly the first time I encountered a morelman with a sniper rifle. One shot: One dead trooper. :o

It was the 250 damage 2 shots/clip rifle. Luckily it was in a city so I could wait for him with my shotgun (yes, plain shotgun, no neostead) and blow him to smithereens. I think it was in the first month.

And later the blasted rocket launcher. Especially the tendency to fire of a 'dying shot' is highly annoying.

Kind of hate morelmen VERY mutch....Got a soldier with a G63 shooting at a morelman......wasting 6 clips with a accuracy on 80%...the morelmen dosent realy loss health...soldier nearly died...then i got a man with a mp5 come shoot at it and it dies on the first shot.....now that is LoL. Hate those Morelmen.

• 1 year later...

Hmmm, i would say that in the beginning, plectons suck

they take a while to kill(unless you get them up close with a shotgun :grr: ) and they do enough damage to suck

Later on, stupid Morelmans and cudgels are going around with barrets killing my soldiers in 3 shots while i'm busy figuring out what happened

later on teh worst are the stunning biomass aliens(forget all teh names of biomass aliens :confused: )

I once had a mission where 6 stunners were all lined around this hill, ande every time i got free he got restunned

then the big stupid star things came and killed a soldier, at which point i managed to get a few rockets off and kill a few of the stunners, and then i just killed the star guy thingy.

I also hate scuttlebugs because they take forever to kill if you aren't ready and do stupid things

I find the best way to deal with plectons in the early stages is to get someone who is a good runner to lob grenades at them while dodging the acid they will spit at him.

Of the non-humanoid transgenants, my least favourite has to be the deathbellows. You get your soldiers to run away from the clouds of flies one of them launches at you, and you run straight into another one.

Hmm, i had two bad experiences yesterday

A) Reticulan with BIO armor, yet i haven't seen any Sky armor yet, and i killed the reticulan because it was too close for comfort, so i don't even get to use it :confused:

B) I found a deathblow, and some chrysallises came up and stunned me, at which point the deathblow started throwing its swarms at me... i lost all but one soldier, so i sort of restarted, because i had forgotten to arm him before we left