Mission Near India/rescue Allies

Shortstop4313

Okay.

I just got this mission today, where I had to go rescue a pair of Reticulans who are about to get owned.

Is there anyway of doing this mission? As soon as I drop in, a bunch of Car-Crabs start nuking me with lightning if I ignore them to go after the Morelman with the Alien RL.

No matter what I can't even seem to get started, it's like dropping down into the worst ambush ever. I mean, like X-com: UD on Superhuman and I'm doing a terror site at night hard...

Is there anyway to get past this mission?

i found this mission verey easy the first time...i just hade every one with adv lasers...and pointed at the slime spiters firts...through a few grandes.....most of those things are weak against nades....once u clear the arae next to u go ahead.....

What armour are u using...dont use light for this one no matter how good it looks...by than u have all kinds of tech stuff....i'm shore if u poot your head to work u can find something lying around your base that will be usefull.....

i think if u paced the Russian base u should have no trouble with this one.....

For me this mission took place in biomass, so a completely different set of enemies.

In you case maybe you should use lots of grenades and warp weapons. Man-o-wars can't take much damage and car crabs are a little more vulnerable to explosions and warp. Or try to make a smoke screen so the RL guy needs to close in, buying you some more time to deal with the others fist.

How close by are the car crabs/man-o-wars when you start? IIRC the playing field in this mission is quite small. So don't take snipers.

• 2 weeks later...
that Mr. gray mission ? ya, just bring 2 guys with Heavy armour and Big round of colapsible machine guns and shoot every Alien insight. I didn't even Move a step even after i drop in. I have another 5 guys with mixture of alien laser gun and some plasma guns and shotguns to take care of nearby aliens. There are some aliens on the "SLOPE" or HILL top that you can't see which is on your left and right. They won't bite you if you are not in their sight. Just kill all those f*****s in 50 meters away. than bomb both sides before you move your choose your fastest guys to lure them to your machine gunner. That will keep them off instantly. I did'nt suffer a bit on this mission. I hate Alien base missions .... I need to rethink on the strategy on the Alien base.

Just make sure you take down one enemy after the other in that mission and THEN only walk 1 meter, kill the next, etc. DON'T RUN toward the target, you'll be dead in seconds. When i have to do this mission i do it that way:

1. Crouch and kill everything in sight (one by one), one soldier or two should heal wounded comrades.

2. Wait (don't move) and kill appearing enemies. Let them come to you.

3. If no enemy shows up anymore, stand up, sometimes you'll see a hidden enemy then and kill it

4. That done SLOWLY move in VERY SMALL steps down the valley. DON'T rush.

5. Kill appearing enemies one by one and don't forget to heal your crew.

6. Find the greys, go home :blink:

• 1 year later...
Looks very much like I'm going to have to start afresh. I don't seem to have half the equipment mentioned - my first try at this particular game, however, and my first attempt at UFO Enemy Unknown was pretty disasterous, as far as I remember...

...so I started afresh, kicked ass at the Russian Area 51 (only one fatality), and came to this mission with two of my best guys in heavy armour, one collapsable railgun, one collapsable machine gun and two cannon-fodder for scouting. Car-crabs lasted less than a second - it was hilarious. We won the mission by default. None of the bugs survived - apart from the ones we came to rescue, of course.

Not that this game doesn't have its problems - the Biomass is spreading into my territory, and I have no defences so far. I have a Biomass sample being researched, so there is still hope...

...ooops, there goes London.