Got Tired Of Loading All The Time.

Cluq

I've just finished the second Dreamland mission (after loading approx. 40 times on that mission) - that got me kind'of tired of the game...those damn rocket launchers and those damn Alien Plasma thingys...

But I continued playing for a few days...but it just keeps getting harder, and I don't get anywhere...loading 20 times on each mission because I get slaughtered...That's boring...

I can't remember what level I'm playing (I think I just pressed "Play").

I've just tried the "Old Grays" mission - and then I thought...forget this...I'm gonna play the original Ufo game now...

What can I do? ...I'm tired of loading every 4 minuts on a mission...that's lame..

/The frustrated Cluq...

These missions are the time of day missions, while the game is doing the lighting calculations. These are just not day or night missions, but 24 hour a day missions.

So, the game has to do it sometime, and it is just not the loading up of the mission by randomness, but it also depends on when the player gets there to the mission.

So anything else, like a computer being able to do it any faster is just not going to happen.

I like to think of it as being taken to the scene by remote hookup back to the base.

Anything else, and I as a player would feel as if I were being cheated.

And a game doing more in it requires time as it is only a game, and not real!

Any other player that can think of a way of doing that, then it will be real life!

It is part of the charm of the game!

Any time of day ~~ missions, not limited to just day or night with all of it, but all times of day and night!

:blink:

The idea of the game is to keep moving. Those who sit and shot until enemy drop will lose. So move it.

In alien ship, i usually send all member charged to one side of the ship, this way, my guys get the chances to hit all the alien on one side, instead of sitting there at get wash away from rocket fire. CHARGE!!!!

You sounds like you are playing the game the wrong way.

"Loading 20 times on each mission because I get slaughtered...That's boring.

Keeping moving only works against the rocket launchers. Against everything else moving is just an opportunity to be hit first. The advanced plasma launcher is a nightmare. You can't dodge it and it's like an instant speed grenade. This game pretty much sucks from a little after the Russian mission. It becomes like about three (which combinations of launchers they are using) laborious puzzles with maybe only 1 or 2 solutions that you have to apply over and over to have even a chance of keeping any of your crew alive, let alone out of the hospital.

I can't imagine that the situation is much better playing on easy (I'd imagine the stupid period is just a little later), so I'll probably shelve this game now :blink:

It depends on mood also. I have actually enjoyed playing this game more than a lot of others. Stop and Go, Stop and Go. It is kind of weird and funny after playing it a while. Keep starting games, and every scene has been different, and there is also a lot of scenary in the game. I been in a type of briar patch in the game, wondering what paths the squaddies have to take to get out of that plant infested nightmare, and tried to sway branches out of my way (camera angle) in some forests.

Play it awhile, and the game will grow on you. Pretty soon you may even march your squaddies around in the town after a mission or so, or blow up something else like the messy white corpse crap where another transgenent is forming or something else.

Got to smile!

:blink:

The humans are the aliens, alieons, alienuns in the game.

'Ok, the default difficulty is hard - how lame is that?'

Patch 1.2 solve this. Default set at easy.

Yes the advanced plasma launcher is a nightmare, i cannot agree more. But you can still avoid getting hit if you are far and fast enough. Just keep running. But in close range.. you better run away.

I had restart on hard, Before play at normal, i had noticed a noticeable increase in difficulties. Even Trans with G36 can down 2 of my level 8 guys at close range in 3 sec flat. And of couse it is only the 5 missions. And my guys are armed with MP5 and pistols.