One Day At Aftermath

rocksk

One Day at Aftermath.

I played on normal difficulties for the last 2nd wk. Just yesterday, my game had reached the point where I had 2 pieces of Bio and 2 pieces of Adv Heavy armour. My first character had reach level 17 and the rest of my 13 troops is around level 16-14. And two level 9 old greys.

My game started in Asia and owned most of Asia, all of Europe, most of north US.

The First patch of Bio Mass own all of south US and part of North US and heading north at this moment.

The second patch of Bio Mass started at the north pole had been beaten back to the Bio Mass Node planeted there.

The Third patch near India is also beaten back to the Bio Mass Node.

The forth patch near Turkey is also beaten back to the Bio Mass Node, a mission had been generated for me to hit the node. (Heading that way soon)

My game is progressing well, just yesterday afternoon, I am thinking I own the earth already. I felt like I had the best troops, good weapon, feels like old days when I had the flying suit, the heavy plasma, the PSI power. Rolling over all the aliens thrown at you. Beaten the biggest threat (Biomass) Piece of cake from now on.

Then on a normal strike mission to capture a abandon base, my Beta strike team (low level (1x 15, 3x14, 1x13, 2x10) members went in thinking it will be a walk in the park. I usually dress down when taking non Ret missions, so these guys were wearing normal combat armour with one Bio and one enchanted combat armor, armed with 1 RPG, 3 advance lasers rifle, 3 inter sniper rifles, MP5s, clock 19s, P90, neos. I do not wish for overkill , so I arm them with old weapons. Sometime G3 or G36.

The mission started with my team at one end of the map linked to the Base by two parallel streets and a horizontal row of building beside the base forming a T shape. When mission started, my guys went for their normal deployment routine (1st team 2 men to first street, 2nd team 2 men to back alley, 3rd team 3 men to the other street).

The mission started with a little surprise, 3 Transgenants armed with Aug, Barret and Falcon snipers were shooting at my 3nd team. Hurting them bad. Second after the Trans snipers move in, another short-range transgenant sneaked up on my sniper from one back alley and attempted to backstab. The nearest snipers changed to clock 19 and deal out a 360 damage per second and took it out in seconds. Never the less, the transgenant had fired full auto and down my sniper hitpoints to near 75%.

Side note:

Barret and falcon sniper rifle is noticed here to be powerful weapon, international and advance laser rifle are no match for them. My first encounter with Falcon sniper when my guys are at level 8 and 9 had resulted in 6 deaths with the last guy pressing reload button.

My other two guys from the 3rd team is also near red and attempted to take cover. My level 10 sniper is down to red and had fallen unconscious, one more shot and she will be gone. Her partner, who had made it to cover run out to draw fire, preventing ‘the one more shot’ which will end the life of her unconscious partner. My back alley team raced undercover near the Trans power snipers and holed them with concentrated MP5 and P90.

My First two men strike team also comes across a Barret Sniper at a gas station, knowing that the Trans weapon had been upgraded. 1st Team excises caution on the approach and took cover at once when one shot from that trans result in a large damage. The RPG guy switched to clock17 and run down the back alley, coming around the last house, he switched to RPG and bravely walk out and rocketed that Trans.

With the area cleared, all three teams proceed down the street towards the last roll of houses outside the base.

Ya loh, especially when your highest level guy level up, never know what new weapon will be throw against you.

Surpise is the sweet little things i found in this game. When you think you are the king, BANG king of king is borned alien wins.

I remember the first encounter with Alien Microslug Accelerator. Bang, half life, Bang, health down to red. Nice. :blink:

On the approach to the base, I noted one road runs beside the base wall, beside the road was a row of three houses which formed 4 alleys.

Below is the plan to apprach the camp.

BBBWRAAA Alley ONE entered No. 7 level 10 international sniper rifle if 3rd Team

BBBWRHAH

BBBWRHAH

BBBWRAAH Alley TWO entered No. 6 level 10 Advance laser of 3rd Team

BBBWRHAA

BBBWRHAH

BBBWRAAH Alley THREE entered No. 3 level 14 international sniper rifle

BBBGRHAS and No. 4 level 14 Advance lasers of team 2nd

BBBWRHAS and No. 5 level 13 international sniper rifle of team 3rd

BBBWRAAA Alley FOUR entered No. 1 RPG Level 15 of 1st team

and No. 2 Alaser level 14 of 1st team

Where B is base

Where W is wall

Where R is road

Where A is alley

Where G is the gate

Where S is the gas station

Not expecting any resistance, my teams race to reach their planned routes.

The lone No.7 of 3rd team make it to the planned alley ONE. Seconds later, a Trans armed with Aug was spotted between infront of the house Alley ONE and TWO. She fired her International sniper rifle at once.

No. 6 of 3rd team planned for alley TWO raced forward to attempt to flank that Trans with medium range auto fire from her Advance Laser Rifle. She happily turned to full auto. Zap Zap Zap…

2 sec later, Trans SPOTTED between alley TWO and THREE. This Trans was armed with Falcon sniper rifle. Bang Bang No. 6 injured. The first Aug Trans turn around an added FULL auto AUG fire on No. 6. She was ordered to pull back with Red Blood flowing freely every step of the way. ;)

No.3,4,5 scheduled for Alley THREE rush to flank the new threat.

Meanwhile Team 1st (RPG) was still happily picking up the new Barret Sniper rifle from the gas station.

As No.3,4,5 exit alley THREE with clock 19, MP5, neo. Trans injured, Bang Trans down. Easy. ;)

Then No.3 injured!?? What!! :dontgetit:

Trans Spotted (Aug full auto firing)

Trans Spotted (Aug full auto firing)

Trans Spotted (Falcon sniping)

All three Trans were just infront of the house between Alley One and TWO. Dam there is no time to change weapon to return fire No.3, 4, 5 ordered to retreat. Bang Bang Bang, No.3 is strike down to red. :o Game paused.

Plan for No.4 to throw her smoke bomb.

Planned No.1, 2 to race to support.

Planned No.5 and No.6 to finish off their targets and give fire long range support to No.3, 4, 5. CONTinue.

Bang smoke bomb successfully thrown. BANG No.4 down! DAM!

Plan No.5 to throw frag gen at the mob of Trans and follow by a smoke bomb. Team 1st was 5 sec away from short-range support. CONTinue

BOOMB. :devil: Trans disappeared as smoke blocked all vision.

No.2 armed with MP5 run right into a Newly spotted Trans with an unknown weapon. Bang Bang Bang. ;) Hole that thing. Strange, No.2 spotted that sucker 3 squares away while running? Ohh.. this guy got awful perception at level 14!!?

No.2 proceed on to the Trans mob. Only one confused Trans was left after the frag gen exploded. Hole it with MP5. Area cleared. Proceed to base. :angel:

No.1 missed all the action :blink: