Bring Back Xcom Excitement To Life

Grand

TFTD would have to be the best game of all time. I dont understand why it has been till now that something close to it has been released. It is very obvious there is a keen interest. Aftermath is very close to it. Great game. But still doesnt quite have what Xcom had. It definatly has potential.

Being able to clear out buildings with hostages. Great idea. APCs and robots mmm i dont know, where is the stratgeic value in that.

I hope ALTAR can work on it maybe a sequal or add on to just bring that TFTD atmosphere back. That would be exellent. I would pay hundreds.

Well, even though the X-Com games were popular, they didn't sell that much. Think that's the reason publishers are careful with such games. I wish they weren't though... Read more about the sales of X-Com here: https://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~thelastoutpos...icle.php?art=57 (there are several other artickles there as well, very interesting)

Of course back in the x-com days there was not the gaming audience that there is now. With the advent of cheap high power systems, graphics and kids being able to afford owning a puter now as well as their parents there is a vast new gaming pool. I think if a x-com came out in this day and age the sales would be astronomical.

those days "original" games were almost non-existent in my country... so people like me (and heckuva lots of fans) had to play pirated copies of the X-Com series.

to be frank, i'd buy now it if it was ever released here (and it was compatible with Win2K!).