Final Mission

PAZ

I just completed the final mission (on hard) and i must say that the last room was too hard. i mean, those transgenants took an enourmous amount of ammo to kill. the only way i could manage was by killing off the reticulans, and lure the transgenants out one by one. good thing they weren't faster than my man, then i'd hav lost directly. i was running out of ammo on hte entire map!!! finally i managed to lure teh last two out and sneak in with a rocket launcher. i would never have been able to kill all of them simply because there were no more weapons..

their final experiment to enslave the earth, perhaps? =)

i had very little ammo left. none for my gatling and one clip for my other gun (whatever its called). most of it was spent killing reticulans, since those weapons are so awesome. I'd have all my men equipped with them if i had enough ammo and guns.. they get a bit slow though, so i was lucky that only 3 of my men (and women :blink: ) had heavy armor..

I'd like to know what the "pods" i found in the base are. they're called "octopus" or sth..

i killed three transgenants with sniper rifle. THAT takes patience =)

I didnt kill any of those transgenant.... Try to kill one n it is too strong n i knew that wif 5 men left i m not possible to make it.

So, just lure them out n sneak one guy in... blast the wall wif the barely enuff grenade :blink:

Thats all... never bother to kill all of htem as i was already bery bored in this game.

Yeah, but with those, you have to get right up next to them, which hurts. Plus, you can hurt yourself with them! :blink:

Now, if you launch a few rockets into the room they start in (with rocket spitter) you can take em by surprise, and hurt them enough for your normal weapons such as MP7s and G11s to kill em. This is moot if you have DB Machine guns, Miniguns, Enh. Plasma Shotguns, or CAWS on auto.

ami the only one using warp demolition devices to their full potency?

the things kill those sods in one blow, and the range is just as long as a neostead eventhough it says its for blasting walls in the development screen.

just spot an alien, go around the corner and wait for him and blow his brains out with 7500 damage, i killed all those last buggers with it easily

The octopus transgenant has hideous (80% or 90%) resistances to everything except warp & exception (a mere 25%!), so warp pistols/rifles/WDDs would be useful against them...

Sorry but the resistance against exception is also 90%

Warp with 25% is right but the other is paralyse with 25%

So the only real effective weapon is like said above the warp demolition!

You have to produce it yourself and get it quite at the end of the game.

Yesterday i completet the last mission myself the first time an with the warp demolition it was no problem on easy :blink:

First i cleared the map with adv. plasmarifles then i set my soldiers in a row in front of the last room and gave everybody a warp demolition. I opened the room an one shot - one kill. and it doesn't only make this 7500 damage, in the report above i read numbers like 35000! damage - this seems to be related to the alien skill. so it was no problem to clean the room, i needed ca. 3 shots per soldier for all octopuses... Now i'll try the game on hard with the rebalance mod v3.3 ;)

Btw: first i wanted to throw granades in the room but somehow all my soldiers can only throw 4 -5 fields far in the last rrom an that makes much more damage to me then to the aliens... ???