No Cd?

joegan

Hello all.

While I appreciate this is inviting flames, I was wondering if there is a way of playing without the CD?

I have 2 machines, a laptop and a desktop, and have installed UFO:AM on them both. While it's not a huge deal, is there a way of playing without the CD, and thus saving me having to swap the CD between machines? If not, I understand, you have to protect against piracy and all that.

Also....is there a way of swapping gamedata between 2 machines? I would like to be able to carry on the same game on a different PC, then swap the data back again.

Thanks in advance!

Not sure about the noCD thing, but you can try removing the CD after the game has started up. Most games check for the CD only at startup, so it shouldn't be a problem, I think... Anyone want to confirm? I'm doing it this way with Neverwinter Nights, since the disc starts to get that "scratched" look after a few hundred hours. :angel:

As for the gamedata, try copying your PROFILES directory.

Yup, it's an excercise in CD swapping I'm afraid. Just tested it on my other machine. It's only at startup though as Matri says, and the profiles directory is the one to copy.

The save games can get quite large in size thoguh, so unless you've got a good connection between the laptop and your PC, I'd recommend only copying the latest game across :blink: