Retribution

GazMaN

well, ive just tried the retribution mission for the 2nd time.

this time i had 3 blokes in heavy armour carrying 2x gat gun 1x dbmg

3 blokes with accuracy internationals, and 1 bloke with psi projector.

Again, soon as the level starts 8 rets, 3 rockets, 2 psis 1 collapsleble plasma and a couple i wernt sure of .

i tried to kill the rocket fellas 1st , but they all got a shot off before i killed em, = 3 blokes dead, then bloke with plasma kills 2 more before i can kill him, last 2 were then trying to deal with last 4 rets with next to no health, lasted bout 5 secs after that.

And all this is before i even move an inch, in fact i didnt even try to move at all , just aimed at the rets from the start of the mission.

That is absolutely impossible, completely ruined the game for me, im either now gonna uninstall it or use god mode just to see wat endings like.

i plummed all my hope on the gatling guns doing the business for me, but even with 3 of i was fucked from the first minute.

wat a bag o shite

POSSIBLE SPOILER: Hi, Retribution for me was one of the easiest missions I'd undertook and I kept thinking it'd be a 3 part mission because the base was a walkover compared to the rest of the game. Played on easy mode tho' so maybe that's my angle... 7 blokes; 2 psionics to control aliens and to recapture controlled men, 1 heavy weapon with gatling gun, rest carried neostads (for base part of mission), sniper rifles/rifles (for 1st part) and heaps of medikits, ammo and back-up psi projectors, oh and grenades of course. I didn't get rushed tho' and could move into the adjacent room before meeting aliens. Mission was undertook not immedietly and so was on Hard when I got to it. Even those tentacle aliens were easy. Don't think I could've done it tho' without my psionic blokes. Maybe try using more than 1? Ending video? You ain't missing much. Oh and apart from Heavy fella they wore Bio armour except for one in Sky. Tactic was to move in a group and control alien with one psi and recontrol own bloke with other psi. Controlled alien dropped weapons in hand and back pack and go off looking for more aliens whilst I followed it.

Any help? Prob not apart from try more psionic fellas and move en-mass. Was my first real go at psi controlling and worked a treat.

this isnt actually the last mission, its the mission where you need to pick up the box from the alien base to learn the physics of getting to the moon.

and yea ive tried it with more psi blokes before, ive had upto 3 of em on psi with heroic or excellent psi abilty. the prob is like i said before, i get hit by 8 rets BEFORE i move, i.e as soon as the mission starts 8 rets are on me. If i had chance to fan out and take cover that wouldnt b half as bad and id b able to take it steady 1 at a time, but that isnt posiible, i have no choice but to enter a full on fire fight right away :/

Just had a thought. Missions remain the same even when you reload. ie critters will be armed and placed the same no matter how many times you reload a previous saved game. So you're having the same problem... try and send one expendable bloke in and have him killed then send in your main group... has the mission changed and you don't have those 8 reticulans on you?

mmm not sure exactly how this works but, i have aborted the mission once, i tried tactic after tactic after tactic to try and get by eem, but they kept mowing me down, so in the end i just aborted the mission. It dissapeared off the geoscope for a while, then came back again l8r, so i hoped it would b setup differently, but alas no, it was exactly the same. I havnt tried sending in cannon fodder tho, ill give it a bash l8r, owts worth a try

• 2 weeks later...
well, ive just tried the retribution mission for the 2nd time.

this time i had 3 blokes in heavy armour carrying 2x gat gun 1x dbmg

3 blokes with accuracy internationals, and 1 bloke with psi projector.

Again, soon as the level starts 8 rets, 3 rockets,  2 psis 1 collapsleble plasma and a couple i wernt sure of .

i tried to kill the rocket fellas 1st , but they all got a shot off before i killed em, = 3 blokes dead,  then bloke with plasma kills 2 more before i can kill him,  last 2 were then trying to deal with last 4 rets with next to no health, lasted bout 5 secs after that.

And all this is before i even move an inch, in fact i didnt even try to move at all , just aimed at the rets from the start of the mission.

Sounds like the same problem i faced in my last game.

Well, for "EASY" game mode, i think anything will do.I play in normal, that mission cost me 2 lives.I just carry on playing tho since i got a couple of good backup guys(white greys ;)), n i want to end this game quickly

One question, do u have any alien armor? Sky,bio, sun armor? Advance medikit.. etc

Wat i do is this:

Once the mission start, RUN all guys to the back of rock n kneel down. The reason is the spawing location of ur troop is really a sweet ambush point...for the alien. So,first thing is run n hide, then kill any alien with Rocket launcher that u see.

I think If u plan to sacrifice 1 or 2 man, u can equip them with gattling,heavy machine gun etc, n don run them . keep em shooting at the aliens.

To counter mind control, i equip 3 guys wif psi projector. Mind control crucial target only like alien with wif psi projector/ rocket launcher. Mind control ur own teammate back ASAP if they r being controlled, the consequences is severe.

Mind controlling is the way to victory

Use heavy artillery for Long range attack, snipers r not fast enuff. Neostead /rocket splitter for short range.

If u find that ur current techonology is still to far behind, i suggest u wait awhile till u get all the high tech armor n weapon first. Better than saving/reloading whole day rite?

Thats about it. I m wondering if patching to 1.2 reduce the difficuty. I just patch it last nite, n i load a savegame which the Retribution mission is available. The difficulty seems to reduce a lot... :blink: , only 1 or2 rocket grey... strange. Not sure bout it