Need Help: Paralysis

Spanky

Hi All,

I only bought the game yesterday and its starting to tick me off...I have done a search and apparently no ones had much problem with those Crysilis Aliens and their freaking paralyzing attack! How can you prevent it? I'm trying to save a pilot in one mission and there is one waiting around the corner, right near the pilot. I send a troop around the corner, paralysed. Next troop, paralysed etc, untill all my dudes are standing there coping it...whats up with that? Another mission starts (eliminate all aliens) and i get the usual AI strategic swarm attack and about 6-8 of the buggers come at me, i can't take them out fast enough....I have 2xEnhanced light armour and 3xbasic alien but it offers bugger all protection against it....I reckon if im having trouble now, im going to have fun with this biomass thing everyones talking about lol :blink:

Thanks for your help.

Um, if you send one and one soldier around the corner, I guess your tactics may need an update... :blink:. In the corner situation, you should stop your soldier on the corner. He can attack around corners you see ;). And in that other mission, what weapons are you using? I had seven men, 4 snipers, two with launchers, and one with assault rifle, and killed most things FAST ;). Just make sure they take down one and one target, instead of attacking many at a time (the snipers take one, and the three others take one).

Also use Psi Helmets which have a 65% paralyze resist or even better, use Adv. Psi Helmets which give you a whooping 95% paralyze resist.

I may have noticed a pattern, my guys in bio armor get mced just as easily as my guys with adv. Psi helmets, but my guys in bio tend to stay controled for a longer time than my guys with Psi Helmets. My theory is that the helmet doesn't decrease chance to get mced, but it decreases the time that you are mced for.

Well, shoot them first, and if you do not have the weapons to do that, then get another base mission. Although I had 2 out of 7 paralysed, they came out of it, even saw blood coming from one, but they both looked okay, and I had another one that got the medical kit and applied it to that one anyway. (?) Looked okay though, so I do not know.

They finally came out of it.

When facing the chrysalis around the corner situation....

Just line up your team so that as many as possible round the corner at the same time. Then if there are others still behind them, have the first line of guys move one extra square so the rest can get a the Chrysalis within Line of Sight. Then have all of them start firing. I do this all the time and at most 2 get paralyzed before the thing dies. I would even willingly take on two Chrysalis at once in this circumstance without too much worry on my part.

Thanks for your help guys, i sorted the nasty crysilis around the corner problem. I had 3 snipers and i took the bugger from a different angle a great distance away :blink:

Still having problems with the "kill everything" mission...It seems that the AI just swarms you when the mission starts. Alot of the enemies that i have to take down are crysilis's and they all come at me at once... (like about 6 of em!)

I think ill give these Psi Helmets a go (once i research them)...Hopefully i can get them before my bases start being attacked otherwise its restart the game time ;)

Thanks again...

Every time you get hit, you get xp. Since chryssalis' (floating cacoon things right?) paralyze instead of kill, your men oculd presumeably gain an infinite amount of exp if you let the chryssalis shoot them. Plus, there would be no major danger of any of your guys dying, unless you didn't clear the area of all transgenants except for chryssalis'.

I tried the Crysalis exp-thing. It worked like a charm.

I found two C's I avoided them, until I was sure there were no other Trans around. Then my squad walked up to them. The C's startet paralyzing away. I then removed the stop time options set the fastest time and left the game alone for an hour. When I came back I killed the bastards.

After the mission all my troops gained lvl's and some of them more than one lvl.

You need plenty of patience though... :angel: