Missions Impossible

BTAxis

I've looked at the older threads here, and so far it seems few people have complained about this, so I guess I must be doing it wrong.

You see, I have arrived at the stage of the game where the game starts being unfair. I can no longer win UFO missions. For example, I had to recover a Planter. So I took my squad, managed to fight my way in, met 7 aliens on the way. Then I looked at the mission goals in the UFO: "eliminate at least 10 reticulans".

TEN!? In a planter!? Those guys must be breathing in turn, considering how the 7 from before had to fit in there as well. TEN aliens, all armed with warp rifles, microslug throwers and rocket launchers. Needless to say, my squad was mopped up spectacularly fast.

This is just an example of usual UFO missions by now. I'm invariably being outnumbered, outskilled, outgunned and out-armored (I'm playing on normal difficulty, so producing Sky armors takes two days apiece with 11 engineering bases. Fat chance of me matching the aliens anytime soon). I'm getting frustrated here. Any comments?

just wait until u have beter stuff for ufo missions, i did that, and for other mission typers just use the whole team with long range weapons tactic, worked for me just fine(in my case advanced alien laser rifle)

ohh and if you meet like thoose anoying reticulans with advanced plasma gun or rocket just put your squad in narrow alleys and places and shoot them down while they must go around the corners

Heh, had a mission recently where I had to kill 14 Reticulans. Geez. The ammo alone was just too much.

Then I went on another mission, capture alien base, as soon as it started I had 3x aliens on my back and 4x in front of me, 3x of them shooting heavy plasmas, aarghh!!! I gave up. Where are the :blink: when you need them?

For UFOs..Gernades...acid and incendiary..Only take 4 guys..anymore and you'll be unable to move

2 gernadeers...Once inside just start chucking them down hallways..so that they will have to come through them to get at you...and get splash/or fire/acid damage..and they wil be stuck/slowed because of area of affect.

Also have one of your gernadeers a medical man for healing

Save your acid and incendearies for UFO entry work

2 Shotgunners..to cover and mop up..have them kneeling

When you enter a ship, if it has a small alcove to one side..Grab It!! and use it.

I've only done 6 UFO entries..and gernades work best so far..

On Normal setting

Come on Tuesday!!! I get my new vid card...my old one blew the cooling fan and fried itself...so I can't play anymore till then...suks