Play As The Aliens?

Bazzo

ever since ufo terror from the deep i have wanted to play as the aliens rather than the boring humans...dont get me wrong - i love the ufo series, but wouldnt it be so much more fun to send ufo craft scouting out earth, harvesting humans and creating alien bases that look like they have come out of an austen powers film?

There is an idea floating around the xenocide forums about this very same topic, and everyone seems to like it, so I find it likely that we will include an alien campaign some time down the road (in xenocide.)

However, I don't think the U:AM engine be able to handle you being able to play as aliens or humans.

*SPOILERS* Why can't the two greys you rescue use alien armor? Human armor I can understand, but why can't I suit my greys up in nice bioarmor? :withstupid:

Cpl. Facehugger, I think it has something to do with the fact that the Sun Armour, Sky Armour and Bio Armour in your inventory are actually items your engineers have produced and are suited to human rather than Reticulan use. It would be cool if you could salvage the armour taken from the Reticulans you massacre, but I guess they assume that armour filled with holes isn't gonna be of much use. :blink:

(OT: I'm excited about Xenocide, i haven't seen a tactical component to it yet though, is this already in existence?)

(OT: I'm excited about Xenocide, i haven't seen a tactical component to it yet though, is this already in existence?)

Well, we don't currently have a tactical portion yet. But we will before we are done with v1, I promise.

And I realize that the alien armor that shows up on the equipment screen is adapted for human use, but couldn't the engineers produce an un-adapted version, excactly as we found it for use on my greys? :blink:

That does leave some holes, since considering they were able to mimic it for human use, and they do have enough technology to keep the aliens alive, they should have been able to develop armour for your new comrades. Besides, wouldn't the new ash-coloured recruits be able to lend some input on the development of new armour? :blink:

OT: Really looking forward to Xenocide 1.0. Btw, is it true that Firaxis now owns the license to X-COM?

OT: Really looking forward to Xenocide 1.0. Btw, is it true that Firaxis now owns the license to X-COM?

Yes, as far as I know, firaxis owns the license to xcom, but I doubt sidmier will make a xcom remake/ finsh genesis or alliance. I hope so though.

Anyway, I'm not sure about the two greys giving you new armor, (because by that time the only one left is bio armor) but they should be at least able to equip alien armor! imo.

The above post was :blink:

ever since ufo terror from the deep i have wanted to play as the aliens rather than the boring humans...dont get me wrong - i love the ufo series, but wouldnt it be so much more fun to send ufo craft scouting out earth, harvesting humans and creating alien bases that look like they have come out of an austen powers film?

Hmmm.. The Force is strong on this one. Perhaps Lord Vader will make an apperance as the Advisor to the Alien Invaders?

/h0mbre