Psi Weapons - Controlling Aliens

cenkbut

The psi projector(handgun type) is the only psi weapon i have controlled enemies with, the crusher and the stinger are both damage weapons i think.

The first time I played I didnt come across any psi projectors at all, the auto looting that happens didnt pick any up. On my next attempt i made sure I looted one from a reticulan that was controlling my guys, and have they have been on the auto loot list since then.

ive just finished the russia mission, and got myself a psi projector, i equipped it to a soldier with heroic psi power.

How do i actually control the aliens? i attack them with the projector but at the moment it just deals bout 200 damage to them, and it runs out of ammo fairly sharpish.

Can u only control reticulans, or can you control transengants aswell? because i think i may have only targetted trans with it so far!!

I've only tried the Alien Psi Projector on Reticulans, so here's my advice. It's weird that the device damaged the alien you aimed at. When you mind-control a peanut-head, (by hitting him with the psi beam, usually in one shot if you're close enough) his portrait replaces your character's (the one that is controlling him) and you can play with him as if it were one of your soldiers (order him to shoot his mates, drop his weapons, manage his inventory, etc.). And yes, the Psi Projector has little ammo (12) and it's unreloadable, so use it wisely (at close range, to increase its accuracy) because you'll have to drop it and fetch another one if it runs out of ammo.

yay, it started working, she musta just needed practice with it or somthing :withstupid:

the thing i like to do is control em make em drop their gear then run em around spotting other aliens and do the same, trying to get at the bloody microslug carriers!!

another thing, ive got a couple of microslugs in my armoury, but no ammo, where do i get ammo? is it an alien power pak? because thats stil in my "not able to develop yet" list ???

ya, but ur guy moves soooooooooooooo slow, and takes 3 weeks to set the gun up ready to fire.

I tried it in 3 missions, and in all that time he only got off 1 attack at an alien, all the other times my other guys wasted it before he had chance to fire :withstupid: (mind you it did 2500 damage when it did hit ;) )

not useful enough imo.

im waiting for the gatling gun, how you get that? does it come4 from taking over a base?

Lets see, Gattling guns and Twin Machine guns can only be found in bases. They weigh a huge amount, but they don't need to deploy to fire.

I still like the collapseable railgun, I love its ROF (30 something per second in my game, unless I am reading it wrong:)) and I find it is incredibly useful if there are more than 2 enemies in range at once (because you can chain target and kill all of them faster than malcom's voice can annoy someone... :withstupid:

No, the guy will only deploy the weapon when you order him to attack, it's an inconvenience that should be fixed in the next patch (1.3, where are you??). However, I think that you can deploy it if you know the peanut-heads are coming if you order the soldier to fire at the ground by using the Attack button (hotkey: A), though I haven't tested it yet.

Boy, talk about going off-topic...

Anyways, the Psi-Crusher isn't supposed to allow control, it's supposed to give you one heck of a headache... Why would you call something "crusher" if it allows you to capture instead of destroy anyway?

And I agree with the collapsible argument. The whole point of being collapsible is so that it can be easily transported, not because it lets your guys play Origami during a mission!! :blink: