Help Me!

Insanecabbage

I own the X-COM UFO:Enemy Unknown v1.4 and i can install fine no problems but as soon as i get 2 the geoscope screen i click to place my first base and it crashes to desktop everytime. Now i have Windows XP and my computer specifications are as follows:

2ghz AMD Athlon

Geforce 4 Ti 4200

1gb RAM

80gb 7200rpm hard drive (the drive the game is installed on)

I recently purchased UFO:Aftermath and after playing it i was desperate to play the original once again, so could someone plz help me.

I've put the stuff from the link into the folder, cool puts a number of bits in now, but i've read about there being a dos and a windows version does the dos version have a .bat and the windows a .exe to actually run the game, cause i'm unsure of what release of the game i have and this i believe could the problem with the game crashing.

Well I've found one on the eBay for $25 or so. But on eBay you have a sort of bidding system so the final price may be greater (The starting price was around $5 :DHere's the link

But I start to think that the best solution to all this XP problems is just to install in addition to it some older OS like Win98 or even Win95. It has a FAR LESS problems with old Dos programs.

befor you spend the money. you may want to try runing the dos version in DosBox 0.60

this is a dos emulator and giving your systems speed it can handle the over head and still run the game at a decent speed. (similar to an old 486)

DosBox is freeware and you can get it here

-Blade FireLight

ps. if you have problems seting it up I can help.