Last Mission, Need Help! *Spoilers*

Dragoran

How the hell am I supposed to win the second half of the moon mission?

the first half is pretty easy, but then on the second half, 1,000,000 reticulans just kick my ass!

and if that was'nt enough, they mind control my units, and kick them again!

help please )=

tried diffrent armors, psi helmets, weapons but still get cooked....

I editedd your post title so as not to give away any of the story to others :withstupid:

On the second half - it is a shade more difficult. Sheer luck and close range weapons are good, but once you get into that weird loking final room you're in trouble.

Psi weapons are a must... Psi helmets too. Couple of guys with high psionic skills wielding gatling guns at the back would be preferable too. A couple of super-fast grenadiers are also handy :D

Also (and I know that this could be seen as cheating) the aliens always come at your from different directions at different times on most maps in teh game, so if they're on you from the start of this second phase of the mission, try reloading the second phase ;)

You'll get there in the end.

Lots of HARD and fast power. MP7, FN P90, G11, Gatling, etc. I had 5 MP7 people using Bio Armor. That will wipe the Reticulans. On second thought, don't use the Gatling. You need Heavy Armor for it and in the second part the Reticulans are chock full of Warp weapons, Rockets, etc. Stick to MP7s and Bio Armor.

Bring one Psionic to re-posses your crew back just in case.

For the last room, at least bring some Incendiary Grenades, a couple of Flamethrowers or something. :withstupid:

well, it seemes that squad layout is relative- I used heavy armor on ALL troops- fitted them with 2 gatling guns, 2 double barrel guns, I had 2 medics and one rocket launcher trooper.

I got through that mission in no time. Trick was to keep your squad together- so if one trooper with gatling got PSI-controlled, the other trooper standing next to him shredded the alien in seconds.

Was a walk in the park :withstupid:

Even the vey last ending... medics carried additional ammoboxes for gatlings and double-barreled machineguns.

Ah, right. Now I get it. The Warp weapons usually have a slow firing rate so you probably can shred them with the Gatling in time. I guess Warp Medikits would take care of any Warp Weapons damage that manages to pass by.

I generally prefer the fast approach. Fast squad, fast weapons. Kill before they move. I only used Gatlings in the Retribution mission and in a base Mission once. Boy, that base Mission was a cakewalk. One guy mowed down 5 Reticulans with minor injuries. :withstupid: