Hulk Smash

thecyke

Argh! Can someone, anyone, please tell me how to stop the team pausing at the end of combat.

Eg when my 7 guys kill/incapacitate an alien, one by one they pause the game. I unpause it, guy no 2 pauses it. I unpause it, guy no 3 pauses it etc.

I get around it by immediately moving them a little, but thats hardly useful in a strategic game where placement could be vital.

Can`t find a setting to stop this hugely irritating irritation!

That'd be telling mate ;)

Click on your options button (near the top-right in your combat window) and uncheck the checked boxes under the little alarm clock icon for everything you want to prevent game stoppage.

You can also disable the directors cut zoom thingies as well in this menu.

Also, try to get used to using + and - for speed settings... unpausing using the spacebar only leads to trouble when everyone calls out that they've finished tying their boot-laces and picking their noses etc. whilst a couple of enemies rake off a few clips of ammo at you :withstupid: Just a tip that I thought might be useful.

You found the option screen right? Just take the little X'x out of the box under the alarm clock column and it'll stop pausing.

The option screen isn't very easily signposted, and there are three tabs of settings to look through, but it's there, honest!

Top-right(ish) of your tactical screen when it's loaded.

I know where the settings are, honest!

I just dont see any (and i`ve hovered over all of them so they are explained) and i can see the options for pausing if YOUR men are wounded/killed but nothing for the F`ing aliens...the F stands for fine, btw.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

OT: If anyone knows anything about converting NTSC mpeg files to DVD compatible that would be great too.......

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

speaking of the in game speech, the people who put that in the game want shooting, with rusty bullets, then pushed into a vat of ratpiss.

i have never heard such a dire set of actors and accents in a game, ever.

At first it made me chorkle, but then after EVERY order "ready to go" and

"ready sir" made me want to kill myself :withstupid:

speaking of the in game speech, the people who put that in the game want shooting, with rusty bullets, then pushed into a vat of ratpiss.

i have never heard such a dire set of actors and accents in a game, ever.

At first it made me chorkle, but then after EVERY order "ready to go" and

"ready sir"  made me want to kill myself :withstupid:

Dude I agree with you 100% Those voices are so terrible. What would make the game is if we could replace them with commado-style talking with like a walkie-talkie hiss. I'm gonna see about doing it. Anyone know a good game I could just rip the sounds from so I don't need to make my own?

Ooh, has ShadowBlade just won the official no-prize? Has he solved my PAIN?
Whingey-moan-moan eh mate :D Told you where to look, but would you take my word for it? Noooo :withstupid:;)

To be honest, I only thought that a few were particularly bad. Malcolm sounded about as dumb as he was the first time I played the game therough - he had awful intelligence and was pretty crap at everything, and he comes across as a bit clueless.

The problem I find is when you get two identical twins in the game and they have the same voice set... Wouldn've preferred something to ensure you didn't get two of the same face/voice sets for two very different people with very different surnames ;)

MechCommander or MechCommander2 aren't too bad on the voiceovers I reckon. They've pretty much got the same voice set (except they'd say "enemy spotted" instead of "duh... I see an alien pop... whaddya want me to do pop? Huh? Huh?"

I should imagine that the modding tools may help in this quest, but be warned that Microsoft (nice company, I really like them /sarcasm) own the rights to Battletech computer games.