Best Weapons/armour

GazMaN

right, ive just researched the bio sample and im trying to get the node off of a planter, problem is all of a sudden im getting wasted in battles, i just cant deal with the new rocket launcher the aliens have started using, plus my marines dont seem to b doing half as much damage as they did before i researched the sample.

Can anyone gimme an idea on good weapons and armour to kit my team out with.

At the min ive got most ppl in advanced combat armour and psi helmets (cos ive come accros a lot of aliens trying to control me recently) , and i mainly use plasma rifles, laser rifles , and 1 or 2 plasma cannon (the weird looking one) .

Is that a good layout? i even tried sniper rifles vs the rocket launchers, but it makes no diff, they see me b4 i see them :o

Ive got some sun armours in store im thinking of trying those instead of the combat, but tbh i think my weapons arnt doing enuff damage.

Sorry for the novel :withstupid:

ya, i will be lookin at the full forums, i just came straight here after getting my ass kicked for like the bizillionth time tonight :withstupid:

Also, i was using sun armours all the time before, but as you cant equip psi helmets on sun armour, i decided to try em out, as i was getting mind controlled all the time aswell ;)

I found the following tactic really usefull:

I hide my men around corners, and equip them with flame throwers or diffrent close range weapon that does ALOT of damage, so when an reticulan comes, he eats 6 flame throwers in the face and goes down! (1 flame thrower is good enough but still....)

most of the times he wont have time to launch a missle or do mind controlling stuff....

and (after pete told me how to equip the glating) I now started using the galting gun!

it chops reticulans like hot butter :withstupid:

cool , cheers m8, id equpied the flamethrower b4 , but its range was so small i never got chance to use it. Ill give it another go :withstupid:

also, i not got a gatling gun yet but it sounds sweet. From wat i can gather, it only works with the heavy armor correct?

Wait, Dragoran, the weapons you're mentioning are likely unavailable at GazMaN's stage, so you have to think as if you were in his boots. And about the weapons you use, I think the flame-thrower is very nice, but the gun itself and its canisters are too heavy; besides, if you equip your entire team with them for close combat, the peanut-heads are not going to be the only ones getting hurt. As for the Gatling, it rocks, but you need to have Heavy Armor, and added the Gatling itself and at least one ammo box, it makes your soldier considerably slow, even if he has Heroic speed and Heroic capacity...

GaZMaN

yup, but the galting gun is so powerfull you don't need the armor :withstupid:

last night the #@$^ took about 7 bases and generally kicked my ass (I could'nt beat the missions so I delageted what I could, and did'nt go where I could;nt delegat...)

now I'm slowly reclaiming my lost pride....

ShadowBlade

it all depends on the mission:

"when a base of mine is under attack" - flame, and corners

"downed ufo"/"alien base" - outside long range, inside flame/corners

"capture live alien" - long range weapons

when you'r at open spaces, I go for lasers and runnig to evade enemy missle launchers, when inside a building flame thrower ambush, or other close range ambush (you can even do a laser ambush when you change the firing mode to burst instead of aimed - you "lose" alittle range, but you deal more damage)

It's very nice, indeed, but it's only recommendable for base defense mission, where you don't have to move so much. :withstupid: It adds like 100 Kgs to your character's equipment and makes him/her close to a snail even if the gatling, one box of ammo and the armor is the only equipment you've got.