A Couple Of Questions, And General Bitching...

Dragoran

Hey everyone!

I bought the game last week, (as soon as it was released here (-: )

and I've spend a good portion of my time playing it.

i'll start with the questions, then the bitching:

1. how do I use the galting gun, collapsible machine gun or collapsible rail gun - none of my guys wants of equip it! even when they are'nt wearing anything! (BTW levels 12-14)

2. can I use an "alien armor" (sun, sky, or bio armor) and ware a helmet (like a psionics helmet)?

3. what is the most effective weapon to use against "green reticulans"?

4. psionic weapons - are they any good? they don't look that good....

bitchin time:

I have bought and played all the ufo/xcom games, and it would appear to me that this game has lost some benefits the older games had, for example:

1. you can't have more then 1 team outside your base (never mind that you have alot of militry bases, and alot of manpower)

2. you can't reseach/manufactor more then 1 thing at a time (for example I want to make 10 bio armor, not 1 by 1)

3. why can't I intterogat live aliens? (I did inttetogat reticulans once, but in the first games you learnd alot from questioning a high ranking alien...)

4. tanks - where's the tanks?

5. morale - aliens don't panic, my troops don't panic...

6. proximitry grenade - where is my proximitry grenades?

7. why is the glossry unorganized? takes my 5 minutes just to find something I researched... can't they arrange it by alphabet?

that's it for now (-:

1) You have to be wearing the hugely heavy armour as the big guns draw their power source from the heavy armour. Gatling guns are the best and are closely followed by collapsible machine guns, but gatling guns are still infinitely more useful.

2) Not sure - never bothered with psionics as my MP7's and rocket launchers always brought the enemy down too quickly for me to care :withstupid:

3) Not sure.

4) I've heard that they're very good and can make enemies drop their weapons. Mind control ruled in the X-COM games, so I don't see why it shouldn't in this non-X-COM game.

Onward to bitchin time questions (*sigh* Here goes...)

1) You never could in this game and probably won't be able to. It was never meant to have more than one team and was never advertised as otherwise.

2) Annoying - as we all agree :D Hopefully the focus of a later patch.

3) No point. The odd Reticulan is all you need. Since transgenants are just mindless zombies created form warped Reticulan experiments into human and animal DNA etc., they're not going to know anything anyway. "The first games" were in the X-COM series if you're referring to them. This is not an X-COM game, nor does it say X-COM anywhere on the game packaging ;)

4) They were never in the game either. ALTAR never intended them to be, so they're not. Besides, they wouldn't fit down the alleys very well or be able to climb the steep hills on the hilly missions. ;)

5) Aliens don't panic as they're in control of taking over the world. With almost all of humanity wiped out, why would they panic? Your men and women are fighting for the future of humanity... so maybe they don't have time to panic... though it would make sense if the humans acted a little more scared.

6) ALTAR never said they were going to put this in, therefore it isn't.

7) Never bothered using it, so I'm not sure. So much information about technologies both researched and manufactured can be found in the research, development and squad equip screens that it hasn't really mattered to me.

Just a last note - this isn't a game in the X-COM series. It wasn't sold to the public as an X-COM game by ALTAR and it doesn't have the word X-COM anywhere in it. It doesn't fit into the X-COM timeline and is a completely separate game. Comparisons (whilst they are and will be made) should be made with that in mind rather than wondering where all the features have gone, as they were never going to be in the game anyway ;)

Hope that helps a bit!

10x for a quick and full replay....

I can't help but compare to the x-com series but will keep what you said in mind :withstupid:

I can't help but wonder why make so many small and useless weapons in the game?

does anybody really use handguns?

another question - when I started the game at normal level, it was a bit easy and prety soon I had almost all of europe and the middle east.

then (i think that's when I installed the first patch) alien bases missions, downed ufo, and attacks on my bases became unbelivingly hard!

any advice?

all my units have sky/bio armor (keeps them 5 minutes alive), I tried using long range weapons like lasers, or short range/explosives like the flame thrower or missle launchers, but I still get my ass kicked......

First one - the alien armour is light so you can move quickly - have a few scouts running about at the front of your squad to draw off alien fire whilst your remaining men destroy the opposition.

You should easily be able to outrun incoming rockets ;)

Secondly... we're hoping this might be fixed in a future patch... no word on manufacturing issues yet :withstupid: