XCOM Interceptor

Flummi

I have a little Problem with XCOM interceptor.

I cant finish missions like destroying bases or alien probes. Because I cant find them. They are shown as target in the targetting Computer but the range is always 0.0m and the direction pointer points always to the same direction.

Im running Interceptor under WINXP. German Version with Patch 1.2. I hope somebody knows how to solve this Problem because without being able to destroy bases I dont even need to begin this game again :D

• 5 years later...
Just to add, the battlecheat thing needs to be written outside of the combat, in the starscape. The alt+~ thing is pressed in combat. You only need to enter battlecheat once every time you start the game. That is the command used to enable cheats, so if you press it again, it will be disabled.

• 2 months later...
Or, if you are like me and hate the idea of missing out on parts of the game, you can run a Virtual Machine with Win98. A virtual machine is a program that simulates another computer. It is obviously a little more work than just using cheats, but it depends on how much you hate using cheats I suppose, as to whether it is worth it.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I just dug up this game a couple days ago and started playing.

After encountering the probe bug I did a search and came here.

Now I'm left with a few problems.

The fix mentioned in the video that ek1mo posted dont work for me.

I downloaded the fix, but when I run I get an error saying I'm missing a dll file.

So naturally I went and got that dll file.

I do that 2 times.

When I run the fix the 3rd time it ask me for a dll file I am unable to find.

It asks me for a file called xcgen.dll, but when I search for it I am unable to find the damned file anywhere.

I think my problem is that I'm running Win 7 64 bit, which are missing many of the dll files from XP.

The cheats mentioned in another post here dont work for me either.

Nothing happens when I use it.

I tried installing and running Virtualbox, to have a win 98 emulator running that I could run the game on.

But I encountered so many problems with setting it up I gave up in the end.

I really want to play this game, but this bug is killing the game for me.

So now I'm asking for help here in the hopes that someone can help me.