1.2 Patch Query...

Pete

I've just started again on Hard setting with the 1.2 patch. I went to take a new base from the transgenants. I cleared the outer area and proceeded to the interior.

Here's where it gets interesting!...

I set my waypoints throughout the base interior and... wait for it... MY MEN ALWAYS STAYED TOGETHER EVEN IN CONFINED CORRIDORS!

*Victory music plays in background*

They didn't once decide to split up all on their own and head down different corrdors. Anyone want to confirm that this wasn't just a fluke? I'd do it myself but I rounded a corner into a Ballon Fish at point-blank range... They truly are the Aftermath equivalent of X-COM Apocalypse's Poppers. Wiped out all four of my men when I... erm... shot the helium-filled git!

Anyway - anyone notice an improvement in pathfinding or is it just me on this one base layout?

No, I think you are right Pete. Seemed to be much better. And it was very nive to get an overview of base types as well. And GAMMA!!! I can see the inside of bases now ;).

But WHO found out it was a good idea to popup the squad screen everytime you take a new mission? I'd like to torture him a bit... :withstupid:

hello, this is my first post on these forums. Ive been viewing everyones post for awhile now. I got the game on release and totally love it. Almost as addicting as x-com ufo defense. I was really hoping for base building.........but its still cool.

i have a query.......

Im really happy theres a new patch for the game, but if i install it will it mess with my current saves.

Yeah, they should make the squad screen popup optional at least. I guess that guy was some moronic die hard X-COM player or something. I liked it better like it was, I equiped them if required before going to the mission and they were ready when they reached the spot.

In X-COM you constantly had to change the equipment placement when doing a mission, very annoying. ???