Biomass sample

Mir

This sample is my nightmare !!!! I downed many planters, i have many missions in biomass but still nothing.... Maybe I dont know what to look??? Is that sample is a some kind of life form or i do something wrong in the mission ??? Please tell me what to do step by step ....

By the way I red all posts so need to redirect.Sorry for grammar mistakes but writing in English is so hard for me as you guys in Polish :withstupid:

Hmmm one more question or maybe two

1 is that sample is kind of item i have to pick up ( will it be picked up automaticly after I complete mission) ?

2 Why sometimes in research missions i cant pick up wounded enemy ??? Do I have to hit him harder or till he has red line of life?

Thx 4 all anwsers

Yeah, I also think it's a bug. But I seldom touch the aliens in the "capture a transgenant species" missions.

My favourite method is to shoot down one alien to minimum energy so it goes unconscious and then complete the mission by annihilating all the other ones. Gives more xp. :withstupid:

Well thats what I do !!! But I didnt konw that mission will be sucesfull in that way...

About this f**** biomass sample still cant get one becouse i have no missions on biomass teritory ( its in US and my nearest base is in Europe)

I am stuck on this aswell, I have done loads (prob more than 50) missions on the biomass, and shot down and entered loads of planters and I have neither Item. Biomass is eating at my bases and I am getting really anoyed.

I have reserched everything and there is nothing else for me to do.

I have exactly the same problem. Got the initial sample and researched it but i cannot find the bit that allows me to make the anti-biomass node. Done loads of missions on the biomass and boarded about 30 medium and large planters but i still cannot find the node/liquid whatever it is i need to be able to repulse this stuff.

This has been asked like a million times, but anyway, this is how you do it:

- Get a "Biomass sample" by doing a mission in it. Your soldiers will take one when you complete your task there.

- Research "Biomass Analysis" to allow you to get the next Biomass technologies.

- Shoot down a Planter and capture it to get the "Bio Node Material" by doing the UFO crash mission (you can also raid a landed Planter).

- Research another Biomass technology (I don't remember the name right now).

- Develop "Biomass Repulsors".

- Change your bases near the Biomass to Anti-Biomass to repulse it.

NOTE: Planters WON'T hold Bio Node Material if you haven't got and researched the sample.

This has been asked like a million times, but anyway, this is how you do it:

- Get a "Biomass sample" by doing a mission in it. Your soldiers will take one when you complete your task there.

- Research "Biomass Analysis" to allow you to get the next Biomass technologies.

- Shoot down a Planter and capture it to get the "Bio Node Material" by doing the UFO crash mission (you can also raid a landed Planter).

- Research another Biomass technology (I don't remember the name right now).

- Develop "Biomass Repulsors".

- Change your bases near the Biomass to Anti-Biomass to repulse it.

NOTE: Planters WON'T hold Bio Node Material if you haven't got and researched the sample.

yes thanks for the help but thats not the problem. I have the sample, i have researched it. The problem is i am downing every single planter i see and yet i am still not getting the node from them, but i did state that in all my other posts also..

Nah, I thought the nodes were just from a normal mission on the biomas - a "kill the transgenants" type special mission that pops up with a special description that says something like "This would be a good opportunity to investigate a biomass node in order to further our research" or something like that.

AFAIK, the planter is for some other part of biomass research and the node comes from a special mission type that pops up over time. Chances are that if you didn't read the screen too carefuly (like I do when I get addicted to the "Delegate" button :withstupid:) that you may have delegated away one or two node missions ;)

Nah, I thought the nodes were just from a normal mission on the biomas - a "kill the transgenants" type special mission that pops up with a special description that says something like "This would be a good opportunity to investigate a biomass node in order to further our research" or something like that.

AFAIK, the planter is for some other part of biomass research and the node comes from a special mission type that pops up over time. Chances are that if you didn't read the screen too carefuly (like I do when I get addicted to the "Delegate" button :withstupid:) that you may have delegated away one or two node missions ;)

You may have hit the nail on the head there.. i have had one or two missions on the bio mass which i have delegated away. I have the sample it asked for so i need to do another mission on the biomass to find out about the node before they recognise it on a planter?

well, after reading this thread, i decided to wait and try and get a mission on the biomass.

Then right after i did the mission and researched the bio sample, a lovely looking planter gets it self shot down off my pilots.

Now!!! is it me, or did it suddenly get really bloody hard all of a sudden? . Before the biomass mission i was walking thru missions no problem rarely even getting injured, now all of a sudden im getting hammered.

Also the aliens semm to be using a new rocket launcher which i just cant deal with, any tips?

The EXACT same thing happened to me. The get-the-node mission is when the "Shift" takes place. I overcame that mission equipping all my soldiers with sniper rifles and using a fast guy (runner) as a decoy for most enemy fire (carrying a medi-kit, of course). It may take a couple of times for it to work, but it will. :withstupid:

I read this thread and I still havent got a clue about how to get the Biomass sample and the node!!

I'm so far into the game and made so many missions, but I couldn't find the biomass, where is the material located? Plus, I can't even count the number of planters I crashed and entered, but didn't find anything!

anyone want to clear this up again?

this is driving me nuts! :crazy:

to get a sample of biomass you need to do a mission on the biomass (got mine from the 'rescue the grays' mission), if there isn't any biomass then you don't need to worry about it yet, if there is but it's on the other side of the planet (like in my game at the mo) you can either wait for it to get near you or push across the planet, once you've got bases close enough to it it should start throwing up 'attack the biomass' missions (might do anyways but it's just plain annoying to have missions on the other side of the planet, takes days to get there).

also you have to catch the planters before they offload the nodes, else you won't find what you're looking for