UFO: AM info

quasarstrider

I am working on making some HTML pages with several UFO: AfterMath game info. The equipment and alien data, some tactics, etc. For now I only have some partial equipment summary tables.

I was going to make them pages anyway to help me prepare for my next campaign to try to win in Hard mode, starting in Europe. So I thought, why not share it? :withstupid:

Any other resources available in the web?

https://www.freewebs.com/quasarstrider/

Let us examine that weapon in detail:

WEAPON           CZ Skorpion vz.83
WEIGHT           1.3 kg
SKILL            HANDGUNS

AMMUNITION       9MM PARABELLUM
                 AIMED            BURST
MAX. RANGE       18 m             11 m
EFFECTIVE RANGE  8 m              3 m
DAMAGE           128/4            224/7
RATE OF FIRE     51.2/ 1.6 rps    224.0/ 7.0 rps
DAMAGE           SOFT
CAPACITY         20
RELOAD           2.00 s
WEIGHT           0.5 kg

I will describe the DAMAGE for AIMED mode. Once you understand that, you will understand the others.

If you fire once in AIMED mode you are firing 4 rounds of ammo with a total DAMAGE of 128. Fine so far.

The problem is there are more things to damage than the damage per firing. Assuming ammo was unlimited, imagine each firing takes 10 seconds (RATE OF FIRE = 0.1 rps) and does 100 of damage. By the time you fired again you would likely be dead. If however each round takes 2 seconds to fire (RATE OF FIRE = 0.5 rps), you could fire 5 rounds in the same 10 seconds, giving a total of 500 of damage.

That is what the RATE OF FIRE numbers indicate. They tell you the damage inflicted per second and how many rounds are fired in that second on average. So "51.2/1.6 rps" means that, on AIMED, you are inflicting 51.2 of damage firing 1.6 rounds on average every second.

The RATE OF FIRE damage, together with the clip ammo CAPACITY, clip RELOAD time and rps (rounds fired per second) are the most important numbers. You want to kill your enemies as fast as possible so they don't damage you back. Hence the higher the damage per second the better. This weapon has a damage per second on AIMED of 51.2.

I hope I made myself clear? :withstupid: