Survey for those in LATE GAME

Edge

SPOILERS.

For those of you that have gotten far enough, when the Reticulans offered to save the human race by allowing them to go to a safe place and offering immortality, has anyone said "yes?" I said, "No" only because I want to continue fighting, but also because I don't really trust them. I figured they would take advantage of our surrender and just wipe us out... but that's just me.

Anyone accept their offer? If so, what happened?

Call me a sadist, but I would have liked to see some aliens screaming in pain.

Otherwise the end movie was effective enough, I really hated the tiny little box of white text that pops up just before it though.

They should have just did it like in the intro, a fullscreen scrolling page of text plus appropriate end-game music saying lalala you defeated the alien menace, everyone lives happily ever after unless of course we make a sequel.

Another nice touch would have been a stats page like in those Colonization and Civ games summarising your achievements i.e. number of missions completed, total experience of soldiers, number of bases, amount of research, length of time in terms of the game (e.g. Jan 2005 to whenever).

Anyway I have more serious gripes with the game than the ending, if someone makes another thread talking about the campaign from the point of view of those who have completed it, I'd have plenty to say in that.