Expansion Pack

X-COM

I'd like to see more than just the CoE, maybe even hostile factions that want a piece of the planet. Also, some sort of monetary system. I'm thinking of how Fallout Tactics did it. You could have scrips to buy stuff that other CoE teams scavanged, and also to have a bartering kind of system with other factions.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, there should be some easter eggs, like having a small chance on stumbling upon an abandoned X-Com base that has stuff like a few suits of power armor and other things, but it's very heavily defended, maybe both by aliens and automated defenses.

• 2 months later...

What do I want?

CLOSE AIR SUPPORT! :P

Seriously...

A multiple squad option.

You should be able to toggle between Squads, and either send one squad, or multiple squads to a mission.

If that is implemented...

Go Codes, a la Rainbow 6. For example, you might have one squad ordered to breach a wall, then have another squad waiting to rush in.

Just give the order, wait for it to be implemented, and then give Go-Code: Alpha.

Your second squad immediately charges in guns blazing.

Suppressive fire. Some weapons should have a 'SUPPRESS' ability. which has really low accuracy but reduces enemy accuracy as well. Say, machine guns, miniguns, and other heavy automatic weapons.

HWPs like X-Com had!

Weird weapons that are fun to use.

Example: The Takkra from Unreal II. Floats around you, zapping enemy fire. More of them would zap more incoming fire.

That, coincidentally, would greatly reduce the threat of enemy rocket launchers. :huh:

• 1 month later...

What I'd really like to see is the ability to assign different speeds to each soldier. It'd be really nice to have a soldier run to a wounded soldier while others creep up to aliens to deal the final blow.

Or have a soldier run to drawn alien attention so I can toss grenades.

Oh yes, and the ability to have soldiers at more than 1 base.

I've lost my manual and I can't remember if it's possible to change the camera's viewpoint, but if it isn't, please make it so!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 years later...

3. Machineguns would be nice (normal ones, like M60 or RPD, not ueber powered gattling guns)

12. Several choppers, so that you can send two or more squads on missions at the same time (I mean I finished my game with a 6 men team of super soldiers and about 10 losers who took part only when they had to replace a wounded soldier - makes the idea of recruiting new soldiers quite useless after you have full team).

My note to p.3: RPD is somewhat out of date. In russian army it was replaced with clip-fed 7,62x39 mm RPK/RPKM and then with 5,45x39 mm RPK-74/RPK-74M. RPD is rare in Russia now - it's mainly sent to reserve stores, although my father used one for training purposes while he served in soviet army in 1980's.

As for me, I agree with p.3. Soldiers in UFO AM lack of mobile firepower, that M249 and RPKs may provide.

About p.10 there is something confusing... Chinook... Goddamn Chinook! Do CH47 may fly across the ocean from Denver to Paris IRL? I think, no. And even if he can do it with a help of some sort of tanker aircraft, this will take too much time. Time is critical in real warfare... Maybe it would be better to replace Chinook with fantastic Skyranger or real-world plane like C-130 or Antonov? Just for realism.

Someone said about alien campaign? That woould be REALLY GREAT - I've dreamed about something like this back from childhood.

Edited by FG-42

• 4 years later...

The Advent of BioMecha, the giant montrosities in the battlefield.

No really. Human's side doesnt need it but the opposition might well use it.

The once-human's war machines get infected by biomass and get controlled to fight against their once-master and creator.

Tanks with blob of bio mass, shooting glob of acid balls. Choppers get covered in biomass and slideforward on the ground using bio lubricant to move, shooting as they slide. And of course the final insult: US, UK, Russia's prototype of powered exoskeletons get covered in gore and move forward like giants of yore.