Hi all !
Before I post anything, I wish to know if some member of the UFO:A staff has already read some of these posts
or if someone report some ideas to them.
If the answer to this question is no, so what are we planing here ?
If, however it is yes, so I think I could be able to post some interesting messages
I want all of you to remember something that could be found on the x-com.co.uk page : " UFO:A is not an x-com game ". I am made to understand those who say the opposite, but it is very important to remember this for the rest of my post
And ... excuse me before all for my langage but I'm french :alien2:
Firts of all : The world
It is some sort of post-nuclear tactical game, where you can found something like x-com series sure, but lots of other things to : I see Fallout, Syndicate (for the older ones
) and other games like that. You are the commander, not some sort of money dealer like in x-com. You do not control the money but things that have been done with that money. Nobody could realy finance you. Is more like a service exchange : you protect the world and they got you what you need. You have to say what are the most important research but do not talk about money, the World is "splited".
It is why, I think, money do not need to be introduce in this game, so that they could concentrate on other things more important to me.
Second : Graphics/motor
Some of you want to have things that where in x-com, like flying units or combat in water. I think that it cant be introduced in UFO:A because nothing has been previewed for that. For the movements, the only things that could be suggested is the prone position or the "moving burst", but I think this last one could be difficult to make
Third : the rest
I think that lots of things have been proposed and we should realy remember some.
- better presentation for research tree (sub-trees) and more research like in some mods.
- possibility to upgrade recruits with cybernetic arms, legs, or something like that. It could be made the same way as in Deus Ex or Syndicate (definately ike that game
- possibility to have something like exo-suits like that :
or like in The Matrix Revolutions (you see what ?) It coold be great to have this. You could have a roket launcher and a gattling in your hands, but your speed is greatly decreased and it could be hard to produce.
- some cyborg troops, because tank could not be available for displacement reasons
- more than one troop transporter ! It is verry anoying to have 12 recruits and have 6 of them play cards in wait of the others to come back. Develop some speed enhencement for the chinok too, because he's pretty slow and you always have to delegate missions.
- less aleatory air fight, or some control like in x-com.
I think I forgot many things but someone could make a list of all the propositions that have been made in 15 or 20 minutes
Last : The plotline
If it will be an expansion or a fan made thing, I think that some ideas are realy cool. Going to aid some grays against the bad ones coul sure be interesting, as attaking the biomass in other planets.
But one thing I realy want is to have something like UFO:A , not x-com.