Expansion Pack

X-COM

Maybe a bit more eyecandy, just things to look at while you're researching etc. Also, one little gripe mainly, an option to choose only to stop time if your whole team has no orders, sometimes i just want one guy to fire a rocket without the rest of my team trying to play fetch.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa talk about information overload, in perspective i agree with a lot of what has been suggested but much of it belongs in latter games in hopefully a series.as for expansions i think there should be two types of official releases, the 1st should been free downloadable versions that purely enhance what is there {just like the very nice people at stardock are doing as at this very moment for a very good game called GALACTIC CIVILIZATIONS which is my saviour due to the great dissapointment i had when i purchased the agonisingly awaited release of MOO3},the 2nd should be sold like most expansion packs.For the freebies it should consist of the usual bug fixes and annoying gameplay redundencies like the ability to stop if required the 7 voices speaking all at once all the time such as delegating the most experienced squaddie in a created! group to confirm orders and orders completed {chain of command and all that}.These are my thoughts on ENHANCEMENTS bearing in mind i still have yet to fully play the game and these things might already exist,you should have the option to recruit rescued pilots as well as them going back to being a pilot since they gain xp at the end of mission as well {had a couple level up then they went back to flying grrr}.an expanded set of skills for squaddies when they become high level maybe something like feats as in fallout,stealth/cloaking suits,more weapons and armour like the pulse rifle from aliens and modern day rifles with grenade launcher barrels, cybernetic upgrades, implants etc ,battle enhancement drugs eg ANGEL DUST PCP or whatever they're names are,an amendment to the equipment screens at bases such as having a redundant item pool or a sub category for say the 100 or so single shot desert eagles you have acquired and wouldn't even dream of using at this point so u can only see the items u are going to use during selection instead of an ocean of useless junk.there is more to come but i leave that for others and a latter time.for a buying expansion pack things like new campaigns ,new aliens new tech trees set within the current story such as capturing an orbital station in a stolen ufo etc..more latter.sorry to waffle on!

Hi Ive been playing the game for about a week now.

My approach to this game was probably like a lot of peoples and thought GREAT ANOTHER UFO GAME JUST LIKE XCOM!

However CENEGA & ALTOR are not Microsoft!

EVEN STIL UFO AFTERMATH IS DEFFERNATLY AN IMPROVEMENT ON UFO ENEMY UNKOWN & UFO TERROR FROM THE DEEP!

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK CENEGA & ALTOR FOR MAKING A GREAT GAME WITH A STRONG PLATFORM FOR FUTURE DEVELOPMET.

If i can add one small but maybe major improvement! altho there may be an obviou reason to this?

FOR WHAT REASON DID CENEGA & ALTOR DECIDE NOT TO MAKE THE 3D ENVIRONMENT REFFEREING TO ALL BUILDINGS & OTHER TYPE STRUCTURES INTERACTIVE?

ITS JUST A BIT STRANGE HOW YOUR SOLDIERS CAN ONLY GO IN CERTAIN BUILDINGS AND NOT ALL OF THEM!

I KNOW THIS IS A MAJOR TASK, BUT PEOPLE WANT THEIR CHARACTERS TO BE ABLE TO CLIMB LADDERS, OPEN ANY DOR TO ANY BUILDING AND GO INSIDE IT!

UFO AFTERMATH IS A GREAT GAME BUT IF YOU COULD DO THIS IT WOULD TRUELY TOP IT! IT WOULD REALLY HIT HOME WITH A LOT MORE GAMERS, GREATLY IMPROVE TACTICAL COMBAT.

EVEN THE FALLOUT GAMES HAVE THIS BASIC FUNCTION AND IT MAKE THE GAME SO MUCH MORE RELISTIC SO MUCH MORE INVOLVED!

SORRY FOR THE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM IF YOUVE TAKEN OFFENSE!

PLEASE REPLY TO ME IF POSSIBLE

7/10 room for improvement!

greenduncan@hotmail.com

As much as I'd like to read this entire thread... I'll just point some things out... maybe they have already been said.

As someone else pointed out in another thread, the unit sounds are terrible. There are no words that can describe how completely stupid your guys sound. I mean, your starting dude, Brian or whatever his name is, talks like some moron from Bumf*ck, Idaho. And that girl voice sounds like an old grandma. I was actually quite stunned when I heard the voices, I felt like I was playing Warcraft I.

Another thing with Interceptions, probably already been said. Way too random. If the X-COM interception had could have just been touched up, it would have been great.

The thing I miss the most from previous X-Coms was the ability to develop fully human weapons, like the lasers or gauss from the previous games. They are a logical thing to do... I mean, you get attacked by aliens... before you even consider capturing some of their toys, you usualy try to make some new ones from yourself.

Also... Aliens should get their own heavy weapon platforms (remember those beasts from Apocalypse that launched rockets? Nasty), and there should more diferences between grays, and I do mean obvious ones, not only diferent type of armor. Unfortunatly, I dont know how to do that. Maybe more bulky greys breed to go on hand to hand and move quickly... some with even more developed brains that only use psi attacks, and some with noticible diferences (like some sort of ranks) that would act as some sort of commander: Kill it and the enemy wont be as well coordinated.

Oh yeah... the heavy armor could be replaced by or ,upgraded to, powered armor with its own on board weapons: as long as we get to select them. Picture a gatling on one arm and a rocket launcher on the other. :devil:

If the humans could develop robots (high stats but do not improve over time), that would be great. As for Tanks, Cenega said that would be hard to do... but several types of small, automated vehicles would be cool. But if it isnt possible, powered armor it is. :withstupid:

Oh! One thing that you REALLY must add... please allow us to destroy trees. ;) Please? Sometimes they kinda block the way.

The thing I miss the most from previous X-Coms was the ability to develop fully human weapons, like the lasers or gauss from the previous games. They are a logical thing to do... I mean, you get attacked by aliens... before you even consider capturing some of their toys, you usualy try to make some new ones from yourself.

Erm, so if some aliens attack and we are ten years off a decent gauss gun, we're going to try and get more money put into that, rather than trying to steal some of their awesome plasma/sonic/laser/whatever weapons and get them sorking for us in a week? No, we'll steal their stuff and either use it, or make hybrid weapons, or at the least base our own advancements with their tech.

Brian or whatever his name is, talks like some moron from Bumf*ck, Idaho

Well he probably *is* from Bumf*ck, Idaho. So what? I doubt the spores made much distinction about who survived...

For the record, I don't mind the speech much, though it could stand some upgrades.

I like the idea of battle armour, something like the carrier in Alien. Only with guns instead of claws. Or it could be super-tough and not carry weapons, but be deadly up close. Also, I want your chopper (I'd assume a Chinook, because they own.) to be sitting there during the battle, maybe it could have some chainguns attached? Or it could be flying around and give a little fire support, or be a spotter unit.

Oh, and don't introduce fog-of-war outside of unexplored bases and so on. Do you really find it plausable that a crack team of crack super-pirate-ninjas wouldn't have a look at the area they were about to land in and risk their lives to save the world?

1. ability to go prone for snipers

2. ability to enter buildings for more cover and climb up to the roof for sniper placements(include the ability to climb inside and on top of littered vehicles would make it even more better!)

3. androids soldiers / robotic dog scouts

4. small armored mechs that a soldiers can get into and man (but go at slow speed)

5. camera to go to "eye-level" and zoom in closer

6. more soldiers and ability to allocate them to various bases (to protect and launch attacks from - flying all the way from Mexico to Alaska sucks)

7. characters in game that we can relate to would help propel the storyline

8. ability to choose (multiple) insertion point (especially when in urban areas. i.e. fast rope on top of a building while some drop off nearby)

9. trees other obstruction that becomes slightly transparent

10. ability to lay traps / mines for ambush (is there one ingame currently? not sure... havent played that far yet)

11. variety of enemies might help (i.e. renegade soldiers working for aliens, kingpin/gangs that roam the areas perhaps?)

12. might be nice to be able to take more than 7 people into the battle field (bringing along 10 noob soldeirs into the area to watch 6 experts do the work to learn a thing or two sounds cool - though taxing and confusing :blink: )

13. havent played a night mission but are there any night vision/IR goggles?

14. ability to call in re-inforcements/back-up when 4 of your 6 men team is down would be nice.

15. multiplay / coop play

;) most those things mentioned above would probaly need a lot of reprogramming ;) better forget about it, i wouldnt wanna wait another few years for a sequel or expansion.

MULTIPLAYER ! :blink:

It would be cool to play the game while I'm a commander of f.ex. America, and my friend is commander of Asia. A cooperativ mode ;)

More mission types. Not Base-UFO-Recon-KillAll-Base-UFO-Recon-KillAll all the time :/

OH... and one more... some motion detector thingy or something... I just hate running 40 minutes looking for one last gray... :/

Definitely armour variety (and different armours should have different graphics)

Speed Suits

Camo Armour

Jump Armour

The Psi-Helmet should look right with some of these armours.

Also, we should try to get the earth alive and healthy again. I'm getting tired of all the dead stuff.

:blink:

I just read 65 posts and I'm surprised this one hasn't come up:

I want my troops to be able to fire while moving...

This was one of the things that annoyed me in the X-COM series as well. OH GOD! I got shot, well you were standing in front of the alien, you're not making it difficult for him to hit you..

There would be some exceptions like rocket launchers but the rest of the weapon can easily be fired while running. Battles will become more dynamic, you can cover your withdrawl by letting the last 2 guys in your sqaud walk backwards and opening fire on those little buggers.

things that have come by (I'd like to see them as well):

tanks, air support, more squads, larger squads, morale, take the fight to the aliens, more conventional weapons, nukes.

Hi all !

Before I post anything, I wish to know if some member of the UFO:A staff has already read some of these posts ;) or if someone report some ideas to them.

If the answer to this question is no, so what are we planing here ?

If, however it is yes, so I think I could be able to post some interesting messages :blink:

I want all of you to remember something that could be found on the x-com.co.uk page : " UFO:A is not an x-com game ". I am made to understand those who say the opposite, but it is very important to remember this for the rest of my post ;)

And ... excuse me before all for my langage but I'm french :alien2:

Firts of all : The world

It is some sort of post-nuclear tactical game, where you can found something like x-com series sure, but lots of other things to : I see Fallout, Syndicate (for the older ones ;) ) and other games like that. You are the commander, not some sort of money dealer like in x-com. You do not control the money but things that have been done with that money. Nobody could realy finance you. Is more like a service exchange : you protect the world and they got you what you need. You have to say what are the most important research but do not talk about money, the World is "splited".

It is why, I think, money do not need to be introduce in this game, so that they could concentrate on other things more important to me.

Second : Graphics/motor

Some of you want to have things that where in x-com, like flying units or combat in water. I think that it cant be introduced in UFO:A because nothing has been previewed for that. For the movements, the only things that could be suggested is the prone position or the "moving burst", but I think this last one could be difficult to make :(

Third : the rest ;)

I think that lots of things have been proposed and we should realy remember some.

- better presentation for research tree (sub-trees) and more research like in some mods.

- possibility to upgrade recruits with cybernetic arms, legs, or something like that. It could be made the same way as in Deus Ex or Syndicate (definately ike that game :))

- possibility to have something like exo-suits like that :

or like in The Matrix Revolutions (you see what ?) It coold be great to have this. You could have a roket launcher and a gattling in your hands, but your speed is greatly decreased and it could be hard to produce.

- some cyborg troops, because tank could not be available for displacement reasons :(

- more than one troop transporter ! It is verry anoying to have 12 recruits and have 6 of them play cards in wait of the others to come back. Develop some speed enhencement for the chinok too, because he's pretty slow and you always have to delegate missions.

- less aleatory air fight, or some control like in x-com.

I think I forgot many things but someone could make a list of all the propositions that have been made in 15 or 20 minutes :)

Last : The plotline

If it will be an expansion or a fan made thing, I think that some ideas are realy cool. Going to aid some grays against the bad ones coul sure be interesting, as attaking the biomass in other planets.

But one thing I realy want is to have something like UFO:A , not x-com.

id love to have more than one team as back up...it all depands on u in thsi...but in the next i want to fight with troops from other countress. wee hear of other troops but never see them not evan in bases...what 7 guys contrall the hall streem of bases...come on...read my other post and the ideas fans have in "Plotline & Story" i know i shouldent of placed it there but its has good ideas please have a read....and i vant that camo armour...so stealth actualy works...and silanced weapons...cause they are drown to fire or death of there own kind eather one....