#61 Gregor

Gregor

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 06:23 PM

MULTIPLAYER ! :blink:

It would be cool to play the game while I'm a commander of f.ex. America, and my friend is commander  of Asia. A cooperativ mode ;)
More mission types. Not Base-UFO-Recon-KillAll-Base-UFO-Recon-KillAll all the time :/

OH... and one more... some motion detector thingy or something... I just hate running 40 minutes looking for one last gray... :/

#62 Azxel

Azxel

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 02:53 AM

to add one more.

camo armor of some sort (like the one in Ghost in the Shell where it makes you dissapear for some time)

#63 infael

infael

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 03:50 AM

I would love to see all bugs fixed in the expansion pack!

#64 Starkiller

Starkiller

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 12:49 AM

I'd like to see the F-22 fighter, the SA-80 rifle cos it's shiter than the Gr3 lol or whatever it's called, the M-16. The M1A1 Abrams Tank, M2 Bradley APC, gunships, lots more! oh yeah and some naval support. But then that's just me!

#65 Raion

Raion

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 06:21 PM

More Plectons firing all the time!
:blink:

#66 StormLord

StormLord

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 12:17 PM

Definitely armour variety (and different armours should have different graphics)

Speed Suits
Camo Armour
Jump Armour

The Psi-Helmet should look right with some of these armours.

Also, we should try to get the earth alive and healthy again.  I'm getting tired of all the dead stuff.

:blink:

#67 Harkov

Harkov

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 02:32 PM

I just read 65 posts and I'm surprised this one hasn't come up:

I want my troops to be able to fire while moving...
This was one of the things that annoyed me in the X-COM series as well. OH GOD! I got shot, well you were standing in front of the alien, you're not making it difficult for him to hit you..
There would be some exceptions like rocket launchers but the rest of the weapon can easily be fired while running. Battles will become more dynamic, you can cover your withdrawl by letting the last 2 guys in your sqaud walk backwards and opening fire on those little buggers.

things that have come by (I'd like to see them as well):
tanks, air support, more squads, larger squads, morale, take the fight to the aliens, more conventional weapons, nukes.

#68 Shady

Shady

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 02:38 PM

800*600 resolution

#69 Cpl. Facehugger

Cpl. Facehugger

The Christmas avatar is here forever! Muhahaha!

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 11:56 PM

Less organic aliens. For me, the organic technology stuff has been done to death. Give me some aliens who use real guns, not BioCrap Launchers. ;)

Other than that, something that looks good with the psi-helmet would be nice, my men must cringe when I make them wear one... :blink:
Both Chryssalids AND Lobstermen taste good with butter? What a great deal!

Project Xenocide

#70 Shady

Shady

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 12:18 PM

When The EXPANSION PACK will be released?
Когда дополнение будет выпущено.

#71 Cpl. Facehugger

Cpl. Facehugger

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 02:34 PM

Who knows. Soon we hope.

Project Xenocide

#72 Arkhorail

Arkhorail

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 06:06 AM

Hi all !
Before I post anything, I wish to know if some member of the UFO:A staff has already read some of these posts  ;)  or if someone report some ideas to them.
If the answer to this question is no, so what are we planing here ?

If, however it is yes, so I think I could be able to post some interesting messages :blink:
I want all of you to remember something that could be found on the x-com.co.uk page : " UFO:A is not an x-com game ". I am made to understand those who say the opposite, but it is very important to remember this for the rest of my post ;)
And ... excuse me before all for my langage but I'm french :alien2:

Firts of all : The world
It is some sort of post-nuclear tactical game, where you can found something like x-com series sure, but lots of other things to : I see Fallout, Syndicate (for the older ones ;) ) and other games like that. You are the commander, not some sort of money dealer like in x-com. You do not control the money but things that have been done with that money. Nobody could realy finance you. Is more like a service exchange : you protect the world and they got you what you need. You have to say what are the most important research but do not talk about money, the World is "splited".
It is why, I think, money do not need to be introduce in this game, so that they could concentrate on other things more important to me.

Second : Graphics/motor
Some of you want to have things that where in x-com, like flying units or combat in water. I think that it cant be introduced in UFO:A because nothing has been previewed for that. For the movements, the only things that could be suggested is the prone position or the "moving burst", but I think this last one could be difficult to make :(

Third : the rest ;)
I think that lots of things have been proposed and we should realy remember some.
- better presentation for research tree (sub-trees) and more research like in some mods.
- possibility to upgrade recruits with cybernetic arms, legs, or something like that. It could be made the same way as in Deus Ex or Syndicate (definately ike that game :))
- possibility to have something like exo-suits like that :
or like in The Matrix Revolutions (you see what ?) It coold be great to have this. You could have a roket launcher and a gattling in your hands, but your speed is greatly decreased and it could be hard to produce.
- some cyborg troops, because tank could not be available for displacement reasons  :(
- more than one troop transporter ! It is verry anoying to have 12 recruits and have 6 of them play cards in wait of the others to come back. Develop some speed enhencement for the chinok too, because he's pretty slow and you always have to delegate missions.
- less aleatory air fight, or some control like in x-com.

I think I forgot many things but someone could make a list of all the propositions that have been made in 15 or 20 minutes :)

Last : The plotline
If it will be an expansion or a fan made thing, I think that some ideas are realy cool. Going to aid some grays against the bad ones coul sure be interesting, as attaking the biomass in other planets.
But one thing I realy want is to have something like UFO:A , not x-com.

#73 Arkhorail

Arkhorail

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 06:10 AM

Me again :blink:
About the speed of the chinok, having the choice between a 7 squad and a 4 or 5 squad that could be send by plane and droped in the zone is a pretty good idea ;)

#74 BlackAlmaz

BlackAlmaz

THE GHOST FROM XMAS PAST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 06:28 AM

id love to have more than one team as back up...it all depands on u in thsi...but in the next i want to fight with troops from other countress. wee hear of other troops but never see them not evan in bases...what 7 guys contrall the hall streem of bases...come on...read my other post and the ideas fans have in "Plotline & Story" i know i shouldent of placed it there but its has good ideas please have a read....and i vant that camo armour...so stealth actualy works...and silanced weapons...cause they are drown to fire or death of there own kind eather one....
"THERE AT THE BERACADES!!!....THERE IN THE PERIMETER!?.....THERE IN THIS ROOM!?" ALIANs

#75 Siegfried

Siegfried

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 09:14 PM

AI improvement so they flank and find cover when too badly hurt, or does that happen on hard  :dontgetit:

Occupiable buildings like in Ra2 and civilians.

#76 Mezzz

Mezzz

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 09:21 AM

I would like to have 800*600 res diffrent weather like rain n snow but that may not be able to do...it would how ever make it more "mystic" more weapons diffrent suits of armor n make

#77 Historian

Historian

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 11:17 AM

Make transgenant Research giving extra damage potential against researched trangenants except just telling you their armor or/and a Trangenant Training, giving soldiers trained extra damage against trangenants you've researched (Requiring V.Good Perception, Good intelligence and Good dexterity)

Anti-Alien Armor Weaponry
Special weapons designed to short circuit the alien armor and make it damage the user. More effective against more advanced alien armors and completely innefective against trangenants

Power Armor
Heavy Armor utilizing the shield technology of the alien armor. (Looks like a living Heavy armor.) It is highly resistant to almost anything but it takes ages to manufacture and is very heavy and cumbersome

Biomass/Urban/Wilderness Training
Gives extra observation,stealth and speed while on that  terrain (Requires Average Intelligence, V.Good Agility and Good Perception)

Make Psi Control Weaker and Psi Damage better.
Alien missions get VERY easy once you manage to take control of Aliens. Furthermore, Psi Stingers, Psi Rifles and Psi Crushers don't do enough damage and don't have enough range to be useful.
Make it so that it gets back to shooting the opponent rather than just controlling every alien you see and disarming it.
Make Soldiers to have to undertake special Training in order to be able to use psi weapons.

Add a recon option to missions.
When a new mission is announced, the player has the chance to perform a recon. It takes some time (like about 12 hours) but when it is complete it gives a difficulty for the mission (easy-medium-tough). Easy would be something that you could delegate and have something like a 70% success. Medium is something that Delegate would find it hard but it would be normal for your special squad. Hard is unlikely to succeed if delegated (something like 5% success) and quite tough for your team.
You could then have more research and technologies (like researching better recon procedures, develop sattelites or spy planes etc) and they would increase the chance for the recon to succeed and/or reduce the time it takes.

Leadership.
Allow units that gain much experience to become leaders. You could assign leaders to bases to give bonuses, and leaders would give bonuses to rookies around them.
For example, a high Level scientist would be assigned to a research base, increasing its output. A high level soldier would give +1 combat bonus to all units of level 4 or less.

Garrisons.
Give more recruits to the player and have him make garrisons at his bases. If a ufo attacks, and the squad does not arrive very quickly, the garrison must fight alone. Otherwise it will help with the ensuing battle.

Cybernetics.
Have another field of research and manufacture. Cybernetic implants. You will have a vary basic technology at the start of the game that you could evolve with research and alien power sources etc. You could then manufacture cybernetic stuff and equip them to your soldiers (Or have them as training options). The Trick is, that cybernetics are one time only. You cannot remove a cybernetic, you may only uprgade it.

Androids.
Since the game lacks tanks, how about Andoids? Have a research field that deals with this technology. Then you would be able to "Create" soldiers. These would be very tough (With something like innate +60% Resistance to Soft and 40% to hard, invunerable to psi etc) but they would gain only 20% exp (increased with more research on AI) and would only be able to walk...And they would be expensive as hell to make.

Base Configuration: One of the few things i'd like to see imported from Xcom. Have the ability to customize your bases, even a bit. Things you could customize to a base would be:
Turrets: Construct turrets that are placed by you in strategic points around the base that automaticaly shoot aliens that come in view (Many different types of turrets too)
Teleporters: Have the choice to place the teleporter(s) yourself.
(If possible) Full placement of Research, Development and Hangar rooms a well as radars, Storehouses, Alien Containments etc (But that may be just too much to ask for)

#78 Cpl. Facehugger

Cpl. Facehugger

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 10:40 PM

I like your ideas!

Project Xenocide

#79 danielsgonc

danielsgonc

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 03:42 AM

Maybe a simple Motion Scanner like in UFO? it's sucks you spend a lot of time lokking for a bee in a monster abandoned base...

Androids, vehicles and build bases won't bad...

and sure, a new challenge

#80 DarkWolf

DarkWolf

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 December 2003 - 07:38 AM

Ufo and tftd were so good ... now with got great cpu to make better game and still we cant beat those 2 games...

Well like he said, more option would be cool. Motion Scanner, guided rocket , new aircraft , better chinhook!

And what about a multiplayer ! We got 7 soldiers, why cant we use 7 players to control them? and for the strategic map, you got rank and the higher decide what to do with other players and can even share so option like 1 control research other engineering other interception and more !

This game would be surely the best one if they keep on upgrading the game. For example, Everquest, they never stop upgrading the game!! so why dont they do the same here? well i played a lot to ufo 1 and 2 also apocalypse and interceptor ...  But those game still incomplete. This one , aftermath , could be a lot better , if they were more option : research and etc........

Pls dont blame me on my bad english.. i usually speak french  :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users