Expansion Pack

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_rkaye_*

Guest_rkaye_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2003 - 11:42 PM

how about an expansion or patch where the rocket launchers shoot farther than squirt guns?  Rl's ought to have a range as good as a sniper weapon. no?

#22 Pete

Pete

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 07:16 AM

Indeed - unless your rocket guys ar top notch, some of the human rocket/grenade launchers don't fly much over ten squares... :withstupid:
I want to see the inside of the UFO in my avatar.

#23 SargE

SargE

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 07:09 PM

to make this short :withstupid:
(in non alphabetical order)

-blaster bomb like rocket system

-more details on research with pics to each item

-turn based tactical system, could be like apo .. decide to play rt oder tb  
(hopefully the engine is flexible enough)

-sorta tanks like originals had

-fundings from organisations or countries

-more sorts of aliens

-lower ammount of conventional weapons -> increase effektivesness of xcom weapons vs aliens as example

-base building

my personal thoughts ;)
not a complete list just the major points .. ufo:a is a very good game but perhaps i am too much "poisoned" from ufo and tftd that i`m amazed on the one side from it and disappointet on the other (comparing to ufo/tftd)

#24 Kkloe

Kkloe

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 07:57 PM

for patch:

that the glossary and research tree are more useabale, like subcatogories for the alien weapons, normal weapons, handguns, rifles and such, right now its an mess to go through everything, reserach of alien transgens in one and found techs in other...

closeable door, u can open them why not close?

more things to blow up, if its there why cant one blow it up?

dead or hurt aliens inside\outside downed ufo's, i have not seen any alien medkit sofar

part-mission victory\defeat, when having mission of downed ufo one would not need to go inside the ufo and can ask for bombardment to destroy it after one have killed all outside forces ofcours, helpful when attacking ships in later stage of the game and the greys uses their rocket launcher inside, heck i have come up in downed ufo bases that are as large as usual planter ufo inside and having like 3 greys shooting rockets at u in the place u spawn in, how to survive that(havnt got any bio armor)

#25 Cpl. Facehugger

Cpl. Facehugger

The Christmas avatar is here forever! Muhahaha!

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 10:16 PM

Hi, I'm new here, and I am looking foward to Aftermath's U.S. release! That being said, I have noticed some problems (from reading the offical boards, and these ones too!) So, here is my .02 cents, less taxes and inflation meaning my opinion isn't worth the letters its printed on :withstupid:

-blaster bomb like rocket system

I don't know if thats a good idea, based on what I've read, 5 aliens who start next to you and can guide rockets onto your moving guys would imbalance the game.

-sorta tanks like originals had

I like that idea, but it seems like the designers didn't want to have multi-squared human units. So how about insead of a 4 square tank, we have a 1 squared robot or something? It could be like apoc's androids. Or it could be similar to the robot in JA2 (where you permanantly equip it with a single weapon for the rest of the game.) Or it could be an enhanceable scout ball for all I know... ;)

-fundings from organisations or countries

This I don't really like, as it has been done to death in xcom 1-4. Besides, in AM there is no real government left. (besides the CoE- right?)
Both Chryssalids AND Lobstermen taste good with butter? What a great deal!

Project Xenocide

#26 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 11:58 PM

Welcome over here Cpl. Facehugger! :withstupid:

#27 psychobrad

psychobrad

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 12:07 AM

Ok, this is what i want for an expanion, or someone to make a mod:
      1) The ability to enter buildings.  Like you have an enter icon on a building and the soldier enters the building and appears on the roof.  This would be great for snipers
      2) TANKS! 7 soldiers is not enough to attack the many aliens in the  game  ;)
      3) Have the option of turn-base combat, like X-Com had
      4) Better Pathfinding
      5) Improved Graphics...just alittle bit  :bomber:
      6) The ability to edit the voices, and record our own in
      7) The ability to put our faces on the soldiers  :withstupid:
      8) Better sound effects
  Thats about it for now, i would think these would improve the gameplay much more and make it even a better ass-kicking game!  :devil:

#28 Cpl. Facehugger

Cpl. Facehugger

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 12:18 AM

Edit: Thanks Slaughter! :D

The ability to enter buildings. Like you have an enter icon on a building and the soldier enters the building and appears on the roof. This would be great for snipers

I like that idea, and it shouldn't be too hard for the altar guys to add in, plus, it would bring back one of the nicer things of xcom.  :withstupid:

About the tanks, the designers didn't want to have to deal with all the extra animations and code required to make a good-looking (working too) tank. Now a single squared "tank" unit shouldn't be too hard to add. It could be like an 8th squadmember, except that it is immune to psi. I don't know. But many people seem to want some sort of tank.  ;)  

Lastly, I don't see how turnbased play could be added. It would require a major rewrite of the code (at least I think it would.) Besides, apoc had both, and the turnbased suffered for it (imo)  If the realtime is like apocs, It shouldn't be too much trouble.

Project Xenocide

#29 Malcom

Malcom

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 12:19 AM

Well... I would like to see some improvements to dogfights, current system is just too random...
Atleast it would be nice on to have few diferent attack plans not just one: "Hey lets all go diferent ways and hope they wont get us all" :crazy:
And Option to equip planes whit diferent kind of weapons (like few diferent missiles and some alien :withstupid: weapon)

#30 lek

lek

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 05:49 AM

Configuring planes would be cool, although I guess that the problem lies in that once you have a better weapon, you wouldn't put on a worse weapon anyway seeing as upgrades to planes are kinda "free" in the current way UFO:A is done.

Maybe if some sort of fund system was introduced in some way, so that development of new weaponry/armour, etc, costs, and thus you would need to manage where you pooled your resources (i.e. do you develop better guns for your men to use, or do you develop better missles for your jets? But both would cost money, which if scarce, would limit what could be developed, development halting if you'd ran out on money). Money could maybe be gained from successful missions somehow?

^^ Would definately need a very different storyline than UFO:A if it were to involve paying for things in some way.

-------

Also higher resolutions textures would be nice (some of them look a little low-res, esp. on the ground sometimes, or cliff-face areas)!  :alien2:  :alien2:  :alien2:

Oh, and the current levels of zoom in tactical missions (zoomed-in, zoomed-out) are too close I think, a third level of zoom, which was zoomed out further than the current standard level of zoom, would be good. Nice to be able to see large areas of the map to plan routes without having to keep scrolling around (on large maps at least).

#31 Paganarh

Paganarh

AntiAlieN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 07:08 AM

SargE, on Oct 14 2003, 07:09 PM, said:

-lower ammount of conventional weapons -> increase effektivesness of xcom weapons vs aliens as example
dunno, I like those "conventional" weapons more than those alien masterblasters.  :withstupid:

humans should develop gauss technology in expansion pack... now that would kick a$$ ;)

#32 rasuloman

rasuloman

Squaddie

• Fan Fiction
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 09:44 AM

How about a map feature? Also assigning troop orders from the map view.

#33 daishiw

daishiw

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 12:07 PM

gimme a freakin chopper speed upgrade or something.

don't randomize troop deployment on base defense missions, you arrive by chopper or teleporter so they should all be together.

rework armour settings so you start with infinite light, combat and heavy armour like with uzis and shotguns. then change it so that research "ehancer xxx armour" just upgrades and replaces the armour you have in stock, not requiring you to manufacture it.

rebalance armour and weapons so that you don't have to use alien armour almost exclusively.

Make it so when you have a group of troopers selected, and they all have the same voice-report (e.g hostile killed) only one of them makes the report, not all seven reply repeating themselves.

Perhaps mod the planter UFOs so that you don't see many of them earlier in the game, and when they do show up they come in waves of 4 or 5 and try to play biomass as deep within your territory as possible. at the moment does the biomass growth even have any correletion with the planters landing, or is it just scripted depends on what region you begin the game in?

#34 ReaperMan

ReaperMan

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 12:08 PM

First of all, Freedom from XCOM1, Stronger storyline. Little things like when research is ready--> show results and automatically tsart new research so it doesnt have to do manually all the time..

Developement wtf is that, i research laser and still have to develope way to use em.. Useless, more useful would be manufacturing so u dont have to find all the weapons before use them, found 1 laser and thats it after playing 1 night grr..

Fighters appear automatically, no equiping of em.. And still standard hornets drop 4 ufos.. weird..  

First played 5 hours with 2 bases and after hour i have 12 bases.. hmm, i have 1 research base and to research something takes 8 days, i make 2 more samekind it takes still same time.. Bugs bugs bugs.. No vehicles..

Creator has taken too much shortcuts making this game. in sequal deffinately try to get interface and smoothness alike in ufo enemy unknown and terror from the deep where u can build and equip allmost evrything.. And marsmanship only affect snipers LOL!

Much to be done to make sequal more better than original ufo's.. Nevertheless this one haves also its good points like in combat missions.. only annoing there is that damn done,done,done,done from each squad member eaven if u command em as in group...

Well only 1 night played, more feedback coming up from true xcom 1&2 junkie :withstupid:

#35 el_bardos

el_bardos

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 12:50 PM

Ok, haven't quite got to the end yet, so this may not follow the storyline (eg if you wipe out the renegade grays by at the end of the game) but reckon an expansion should start by saying you've managed to repair the q-gates (or whatever they were called) so you can go to the alien system and wipe out the renegades (go on the attack after defending the earth). Or maybe there is a civil war on the aliens planet that you've agreed to help to old greys sort it out......your mission being to win back the planet with them, territory by territory.

You could have a limited number of troops so avoiding getting too many of them killed is essential, and only limited weapon supplies so scavenging from fallen aliens and manufacturing become all the more important.

Perhaps cartain territories could actually have strategic advantages - e.g. a mine in a region makes an engineering base in that territory more effective than normal as you have a ready supply of raw materials.

More than one active squad would be good as well, possibly removing base teleporters so positioning of squads tactically is important for expansion and defence.

Also agree vehicles would be good (like in fallout tactics), as would some rebalancing of the difficulty (see my rant in this weeks poll) and a proper turn-based mode (I can dream  :withstupid: )

#36 digitalyak

digitalyak

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 04:14 PM

The one thing I'd really like to see is some sort of 'Bird's eye' minimap in the tactical screen. The camera thing is good, but I'd like to see the whole map as an overview - especially for the urban areas. It would save a lot of scrolling round on pause while you plan your route and tactics. In addition, if I remember right, there was an element in the old (begins with an X) games of morale in that if you started losing too many soldiers, the others dropped their kit and ran. I think that would be a good concept to have. It may be annoying, but more realistic. If you watched your six mates getting fragged in under a minute, you'd run...

#37 DeadCeLL

DeadCeLL

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 04:57 PM

.Tank , used similar to that in the game Soldiers of Anarchy
.Gattling Tank, tears up the scene to the point that trees can fall down
"It is an expansion after all why should we settle for somthing that was used in xcom, nope sorry i would rather have a Realistic Tank with 2-3 man crews"

**-If a tank is just completely impossible, Then maybe consider somekind of exo-suit... which would be basically just a large human that is 1 x 2 squares wide. (Heavy gear 1&2 for accurate reference)**

.Decent aliens! Somthing about human size, that comes screaming down the road after blood would be nice. Even better if it tries to cut your head off with its claws
"Sorry but. even gumby is more scarey then some of the aliens in this game"
           maybe even a biomass'd hybrid gumby should be considered

.more weapon selection, M60 , Browning , light infantry support machine guns
"Game seems to lack the constant showering of bullets"

.SAM Sites
"realistic but maybe not practical for this kind of gameplay"

.Extreme Heavy armour with batteries , take a look Fallout tactics and starship troopers, even take a look at heavy gear 2
"Who would'nt want to be a tank on legs when being showered with alien plasma fire"

.Give the aliens other stuff to shoot , Solar blaster ,fusion rifle, nerve gas grenades ect..
"They need more ways to kill us with too"

.continue to venture further away from xcom
"i purchased my copy 9 years ago, I don't need another one  :withstupid: "

#38 Hiccup

Hiccup

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 05:46 PM

Also more interactive flight combat.(Inspiration-original UFO:The Enemy Unknown)

#39 Cpl. Facehugger

Cpl. Facehugger

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 07:50 PM

I don't know, gumby freaked me out. :withstupid:

I would like to be able to maufacture bullets. Guns I don't care to much about, but I am really frightened when I hear that you need to scavenge bullets. ;)

More interactive interceptions (equipment, and all) This one seems to have been requested a lot.

More protection for the heavy armors.

A degradation of psi powers.

And a deploy button for deployable weapons

Those seem to be the most asked for ones, besides tank units (in some way.)

Project Xenocide

#40 Raion

Raion

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 08:32 PM

An Expansion should include additional scenary, and scenarios, perhaps.

Say a scene in a cemetary, additional parts of cities like a park in the city with statues, or at a scientific station in Antartica or so, and in the yards of like Monasteries, perhaps, your back yard type sceneary, or a surburban populated home area, persay!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users