xp system

zeddius

Does anyone know how hthe xp system work in UFO?

So far I have figured out that after a mission, when the report says you have earned...lets say 1200 xp, then those 1200 xp are devided among your solders.

I belive that each soldier gets about the same amount of xp regarless if they did all the killing or just stood idle.

What I`d really like to know is.....I know that the xp you get after a mission is devided among your soldiers. But does the number of soldiers you bring on a mission affect the total amount of xp you get....?

I have done some checking on a scouting mission. I saved before I tool of from the base. During the scouting I only ran around without killing any monsters. First time I did it with two soldiers and got about 400 cp total witch is about 200 each. I then did it with 6 soldiers and got about 800 xp. That is about 150 each. The monsters there where different though on the two tries. So know I wonder if the xp varied because I had more soldiers with me or becasue the monsters where different.....

Any ideas?

This could be an interresting thread indeed. I also thought I had the XP system more or less pegged, that x amount of XP was divided on y amount of soldiers. But then earlier today, it said something like you've earned 1400 XP and one of your solders has gained levels. And this soldier gained *two* levels on one mission, so it could indeed seem that also who does the killing gets the most XP (?)

Z. :rolleyes:

The reason I said that I belive they get the same amount of xp regarless of who does the killing is because on one mission I had four soldiers with me. One of them just stood in a corner the entire time but still got enough xp to lvl up. i checked how much that idle soldier got and I think it was about 20% of the total xp if I remember correctly....

It was always the way in XCOM games that the more aliens you killed the more XP points your soldier earned.

If you knocked a alien out with gas it was better for you to go and get one of your stupid guys to go and kill him so he would gain a level.

With Aftermath and the stats available I would guess that you would gain xp's for.

Spotting,

Running,

Carrying heavy stuff,

Reacting to situations,

Killing stuff.

Being injured and surviving (maybe).

Using PSI abilities.

Throwing stuff.

So If you want a good grenade thrower then make sure he throws and kills things with grenades.

If you want a fast scout make him run around lots.

This is mostly guess work on my part as I am still waiting for my copy (you lucky lucky bastards). I am kind of dedicated xcom player though. I bought a £1400 pc back when Xcom apocalypse came out just so I could play it.

Apocalypse still rocks even now though, The things that you can do within the engine are so varied and so are the locations. The graphics are basic but so varied, and the depth of what they crammed into it is still unmatched by any game since.

Hmm, interresting. I played another mission yesterday, and the last monsters left in the mission was some Cryssalis. Since their stunbeam eventuall wears off I just set my game to superfast and everytime the stun wore off I got off a shot at the Cryssalis and this back and forth eventually killed it. I guess I could've just brought in the other soldiers but they were on the other side of the map and I knew he'd kill them anyway. So, anyways, this lone soldiers was hit multiple times to say the least from the stunbeams and also got the critical hits (weird from a non-damage stunbeam). After the mission this soldier gained two levels while the others didn't gaine one. And my soldiers are mostly the same, levelwise. So it seems you get XP for getting PSI-attacked/stunned aswell. As you would gain bravery in X-Com if you panicked and survived a mission.

Z. :rolleyes:

What Id really like to campare is how much xp you all get after a mission...

If I play a mission with 4 soldiers I get about 700-1200 xp on average total, and when I play with 7 soldiers I get an xp of about 1000-1600 on average.

How much does you usually get?