X-COM: APOCALYPSE -- brightness/gamma

Angel

I have my monitor turned up as bright as it will go yet I still find the game a bit too dark. I don't know why it is that way, but I'm wondering if there is any way to adjust the brightness in-game. Are there any editors out there that can help with that perhaps?

My monitor is quite dark, I suppose, in general, but I can easily sort that by altering the display settings in Windows. I don't know why it's dark otherwise---do I need to replace my monitor? It's a bit odd, but anyway, any help with this would be appreciated.

Now there's a first. Almost everyone and their dog have complained about the game being too bright and cheerful.

Seriously though, have you tried setting the brightness and contrast knobs/buttons on the monitor while you're in the game? I'm not sure, but your monitor may save the various visual settings for different screen refresh rates or resolutions. Quite a lot of modern monitors do this for the screen offsets and display height/width, so it's only natural to assume that they've done something like this for the brightness and contrast.

If you've already tried that, then perhaps it is your monitor that may need replacing. I have a monitor that works very well -- except the screen doesn't function (the electron gun must've died). Rather pointless for a monitor, wouldn't you say? :D

- NKF