Getting the "Retribution"

Mike

How the heck do you beat this mission, I can't even get inside! I've tried several times, once with heavy armour/ super heavy weapons and several times with bio-armour and lighter weapons. The numbers of reticulans means that I lose every time though. Has anyone beat this mission? If you have could you give me some tips.

Well i got to it yeastarday, tied it once and then dicided il do something else insead. Cus that mission makes the second dreamland mission look like paradise!

I didnt have much time to play anything today. but i think im gona complete it tommorow... u just cant be stationary and every thing will be fine, try with enhanced combatarmor and enhanced psi helmets, then start playing shotgun with then demolition warp thingie.

I have finally completed this mission. Getting inside was a real bitch, simply because you have to survive the first 30 seconds. I found that 2 gatling guns, and three double barreled machine guns with 2 warp medpack medics (equip the medpacks before the battle, run them away from the site that's going to get toasted with misiles and start healing immediately. Just keep healing the guys with gatling guns as they should be killing a grey with every shot. Target the missile launchers first, then the psionics, then the collapsible plasma users. Once the initial area is cleared, heal everyone (I managed to avoid losing anyone) and progress slowly using the gatling guns/machine guns to annihilate any greys at long range.

Inside the UFO. I'm not sure if this changes for every ufo, but my target area was very close to the starting point. Again, I used the gatling guns to provide covering fire whilst my fastest guy (heroic speed) dropped everything, ran in, grabbed the equipment and bugged out.Killed another four reticulans before ending the mission. Only major problem I encountered was a psionic guy, but he targetted my runner (who, if you remember, was unarmed :rolleyes: ), allowing the chain gun to shred him...

Good luck if the goods you need to capture are further away though, as then I think I'd need to go and cry...

@Basilisk

I just got the mission and decided to go straight away, I have 40+ bases and loads of equipment and loaded out as you did, but the aliens with rockes were waaay out of range for the gatling and even the advanced lasers. I was toast in like 10 seconds :-/

Z.

It looked impossible for me as well first time I tried it so I waited a little, then with changed tactics it was quite easy. Just having 1-2 snipers, 1-2 medics and some heavy (really hevy) firepower helps a lot. Keep healing your soldiers (warp medikits) and most of all spread on the beggining of the mission (especially with medics). One psi soldier is nice as well to take back your men. Interior is just another base mission, even easier than other ones to be true :withstupid:

Mike, stop spamming you own topic. Two posts removed. We're not all here all the time you know :withstupid:;)

This can be done simply with two-three grenadier/runners to draw fire. They may take serious damage, but you can patch them up later. Grenades should do the trick, as that's all you'll have time to stop and do whilst your Gatling guys slowly plod along into range and toast the rest of the enemy.

I should imagine MP7's would do the trick instead of grenades, but it was all I had on me at the time.

Also, if you get a crap start on the mission, you can also reload to a point just before the mission, enter the mission and voila! The aliens will be in completely different locations...:D