base ratio?

NikraT

Fortunately, my biomass only appears to be around Antarctica and South Africa with a small blob in the middle of Russia. I'm downing Planters left, right and centre with a high concentration of military installations and just five or six research/development bases in the middle.

I also find it often helps to send out multiple interceptor squadrons as they get rebuilt for free, so you may as well make sure the enemy is down :rolleyes:

I've been putting all my bases on the INTERIOR of my re-taken territory as either research or development (depending on what I am emphasizing more at the moment) and the PERIPHERY bases (those that are on the border of the re-taken/alien controlled frontier) are all military.

This has appeared to have served me well to date. My research times are sub-12 hours, and my production time on most anything is under 8 hours. Also, I can intercept any alien UFO that comes up, and can get to any hot spot within a 12 hour helo ride.

Before I stupidly deleted my saved games I had 27 bases just before the Russia mission, 15 military-7 Engineering - 5 Research. I had more research bases but I had nothing to research so I changed to military so I could shoot some UFO's down!

Yea, I havent a solid base ratio myself.

*Military bases on the outskirts of my influence zone (I've heard that they make other hostile zones made aviable faster)

*Bio repulsion bases on the front with biomass (managed to get that damned goo localized in africa and spain....for now)

*R&D bases in the middle of my little kingdom. Much more development bases (I need more bio armors)