Cheats

X-COM

Just like the X-com games of old I think a bit of cheating will eventually come into play in this game. Although alot of you will frown, it can make a good game last longer when replayed again and again. The problem is that I can't seem to find any cheats for this game as it's so new. So if anyone comes accross any please post away!

:rolleyes:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I really hope this game does not come with cheat codes. A moneytrainer is out of the question since there are no cash involved. Although, you'll prolly see some base inventory editors after a while if someone gets around making one.

I remeber the days before cheatcodes, when you had to sit with an hexeditor for umteen hours trying to figure out where stats was and where items and such were in the savegames. When you did find it, it was such a task that you felt like you earned the right to cheat. Toda, with cheatcodes, it takes all the fun out of the game. To this day, with the few games that I regrettably tried the cheatcodes, I never finished said games without cheatcodes after using them the first time.

This was not meant as a flamepost, just my point of view :rolleyes:

Z.

there are cheats in the game for sure there are options in the ufo.exe for godmode (prob for tactical missions) also for geoscape : give all (inventory) research add's, mission creation, hire people,..... but have found no way to activate them :rolleyes: still they should get known soon i hope

i have the godmode working , both

https://www.actiontrip.com

https://gameguru.box.sk

in their cheats section tell you how

open config.cfg

and add

KEY "cheats" BOOL TRUE

then in the game use shift+~ to open the console

for me its my shift+@ key , but thats just a keyboard language thing

godmode works

only problem is i dont know how to close the console in the tactical missions

EDIT:

updated cheat codes

godmode - will stop teh squad dying by the looks of it but they will still ned sickbay

to heal for a while when back at base it seems

quickvictory - will instanly make you win the mission how ever dont try it on

missions like Area51 as you wont get any items or object back which are needed for research similarly on a shot down UFO , u get no UFO hull so no research for UFO access.

quicklose - similar to quickvictory but u lose the mission

destroyobj - destroys objects under the cursor, like cars and other objects with

red center circle and four arrow heads

visibility - shows the current visible area by your squad LOS

hitpoints - how much health out of 100% can see enemy health too. good when

used with godmode so u can heal at the end with medic to try and reduce the number of people needing rest in the base at the end of it

allplans - shows the path on enemies like your squat paths , enemies are grey

enemies - shows all enemies in area

heights - shows terrain level/height flat or sloping

ids - shows squad position number 1-7 (ids 0-6 ) works on enemies too. think

max of 7 for squad size ?

unitsashidden - units become see through like ghosts

quickabsolutevictory - win mission with items recovered

codes with unknown results

flare

firecheat

canparalyse

cancontrol

heapped

door

scenemode

morecellu

snow

area

The Trainer doesn't work as far as god mode goes. The person who made the trainer did it very poorly and probably put it into a section of the game operation that the computer has access to so the aliens also are invlunerable when you activate this. Most Trainer makers code it through the mouse functions so that doesn't happen. The item dupe part of the Trainer works well though.

I agree though that the info on how to activate those cheatcodes could use some better explanations, because there is no config.cfg file in my installation of the game. And it doesn't specify where to add those cheats. I haven't patched though so unless they add that file in the patch it isn't around. I think the file they mean to add it to is UFOoptions.txt under the default folder. At least in my installation, it may be different for the European versions of the game.

The config.cfg file where you add the following line is in the same folder where my UFO.xex and Launcher.exe are the root install. It was there before i patched... Version of UFO is United Kingdom

enter

KEY "cheats" BOOL TRUE

in the file config.cfg so it looks like mine below or something similar

It should work does for me

My Config.cfg file: ( the formatting of the indented KEY lines must be kept. cant indent in the post)

#!TXT#CFG_FILE#

STRUCT "root"

KEY "systeminfo" BOOL TRUE

KEY "nosound" BOOL FALSE

KEY "stencil" BOOL TRUE

KEY "use_safe_refresh" BOOL FALSE

KEY "force_texs_mutable" BOOL FALSE

KEY "video_mode" INT 88

KEY "va_main_buff_size" INT 0

KEY "force_old_va_mode" BOOL FALSE

KEY "fragm_progs" BOOL TRUE

KEY "vert_progs" BOOL TRUE

KEY "colors32b" BOOL FALSE

KEY "eax" BOOL FALSE

KEY "soundVolume" FLOAT 1

KEY "speechVolume" FLOAT 1

KEY "musicVolume" FLOAT 0.6

KEY "cheats" BOOL TRUE - < added this line>

END_OF_STRUCT "root"

Some more cheats.

I edited the config as above.

Then when looking at the world map, pressed SHIFT+@

You can now type in cheats.

Codes:

HIREUNIT <- adds a new member to your squad

ALLITEMS <- now have all weapons

FINISHRD <- complete current research

enjoy :rolleyes:

I agree though that the info on how to activate those cheatcodes could use some better explanations, because there is no config.cfg file in my installation of the game. And it doesn't specify where to add those cheats. I haven't patched though so unless they add that file in the patch it isn't around. I think the file they mean to add it to is UFOoptions.txt under the default folder. At least in my installation, it may be different for the European versions of the game.

You have to run the setup program to generate the config.cfg file. If you just run the game.exe from install, you won't get a config.cfg.

I am sure my config.cfg was there from install

click here to try my config.cfg with the line added

Put it in the root install directory with the UFO.exe and Launcher.exe

UPDATED CODES

canparalyse - removes all paralysing effects on squad

cancontrol - removes all mind control effects on squad

flare - puts flare or light source around squad members ( need to check )

scenemode - cycles textures etc can get wireframe and no textures

But where oh where is the config.cfg file?

i have looked everywhere (even checked the install cd). I even re-installed the game using the install rather than the autoplay function!

copied the config.cfg file posted on the site into the directory where the ufo.exe & launcher.exe are but shift + @ still does nothing!

please help! i am getting fed up of the game very quickly now! those mind controlling greys are right buggers!

c

If you don't have the config.cfg you can just create one in notepad. I didn't have one even after running the setup so I created on with the follwing text and then just saved it in the install root:

#!TXT#CFG_FILE#

STRUCT "root"

KEY "cheats" BOOL TRUE

END_OF_STRUCT "root"

make sure you save it as a cfg file and not a txt and your good to go - just hit shift @ at the same time and the worlds yor oyster! :rolleyes:

Another cheat for the world map view...

allitems2 - same as allitems but only gives you 3 of everything.

Found these other codes but effects are unkown or useless(nothing seems to happen)...

showall - shows all bases in world view - any use??

hideall - turn showall off

Probability -??

BASESALIEN - gives all bases to aliens :rolleyes:

BASESPLAYER - crashes game :devil:

WIRES - turns world into wire sphere

TUTORIAL - starts the tutorial mission

RESMISSION -??

NATUREMISSION -??

INCURSIONMISSION -??

MSGALL -??

CHNAGEOWNER -??

FIELD7 - ??

FIELD1 - ??

Thx for that link Slaughter its all ok on the tactical side and Zapataz has the Strategic side :rolleyes:

I live in the UK .. and changed the keyboard Layout from English(United Kingdom) to English(US) and now shift+~ where ~ is the key left the number 1 key and above tab.

The Lanuage is still English(United Kingdom)

otherwise shift+~ would me shift+@ where @ is the key to the right of the semicolon key and i cant close the window when its shift+@.

Does the RESMISSION put a rescue mission under the cursor ?

CHANGEOWNER change owner of a base with out doing a capture mission ?